Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Factory VZ SS wheel alignment specs

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Beautiful stuff!! Thanks heaps dgp!!
Anything on the rear settings??

Here are the rear settings, as for the degrees and minutes, the wheel alignment machine will measure that.

imagejpg1_zps19637da7.jpg

freefallin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina / VZ SS LS1
Thanks again dgp!
1 more question mate....for the front, are the setting specs the same for the Monaro?
Also (ok maybe 2 questions), how come the specs are different according to the suspension type (FE1. FE2) for the rear but not for the front?

Last edited:

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Thanks again dgp!
1 more question mate....for the front, are the setting specs the same for the Monaro?
Also (ok maybe 2 questions), how come the specs are different according to the suspension type (FE1. FE2) for the rear but not for the front?

Yes, same for the Monaro.
Sorry, I have no idea why specs are different for the rear but not then front.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Also could someone please explain how to read the setting? Like for example for the camber it says -0° 12' + 0° 18'
so is it -0° 12' or +0° 18'?? Or is it anything between -0° 12' to +0° 18'? A little enlighten on that would be greatly appreciated!

The (-) means negative camber/caster, where the (+) means positive camber/caster....where it is used for toe settings, the (-) means toe out, the (+) toe in. ideally, for normal road use, slight toe in (+) is generally acceptable for tyre life...

The specs are saying in the instance you have put up, between .12 degrees negative and .18 degrees positive camber is acceptable for factory specifications

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Thanks VC, good info.

freefallin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina / VZ SS LS1
The (-) means negative camber/caster, where the (+) means positive camber/caster....where it is used for toe settings, the (-) means toe out, the (+) toe in. ideally, for normal road use, slight toe in (+) is generally acceptable for tyre life...

The specs are saying in the instance you have put up, between .12 degrees negative and .18 degrees positive camber is acceptable for factory specifications

Aha! So if i were to get wheel alignment done, i choose the degrees i want between .12 degrees negative and .18 degrees positive camber???

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
In regards to the + - between degrees I thought it might have meant that the first degree measurement was the ideal spec and then you can go + or - whatever it says and still be within factory spec?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Aha! So if i were to get wheel alignment done, i choose the degrees i want between .12 degrees negative and .18 degrees positive camber???

A good aligner will actually set your alignment according to tyre wear.....If your tyres are only feathering on an edge, it could only require a toe set, rather a camber set....

To answer your question, yes you can ask for your camber to be set between .12 negative and .18 positive.....Assumng you have a VZ Commodore, it is more desireable to have negative camber, rather than positive camber.

Of course all people have different ideas about what is best in this area, however I have always worked on the tyre wear as my guide to setting them and it has worked for me

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
In regards to the + - between degrees I thought it might have meant that the first degree measurement was the ideal spec and then you can go + or - whatever it says and still be within factory spec?

It is the scope the factory allow.....