Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fake SSV redline

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
In the engine bay and those tail lights aren't factory

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
On the radiator support on the rhs it sticks out like dogs balls

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
extra money also check the owners Manuel as mine says its a redline in there and check to see if its got a hsv steering wheel (flat bottom)

dan610

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SSV Z series black - ute manual
extra money also check the owners Manuel as mine says its a redline in there and check to see if its got a hsv steering wheel (flat bottom)

extra money, im guessing ur referring to my question as to why a dealer would do it ? but wouldnt it cost more to get a stock ssv and do all the redline stuff to it....considering they sold it for 35 ?
and im pretty sure its a normal holden wheel :/

ill check out the manual to.

lease1

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
Hey guys,

So yesterday i brought a new 2012 black ssv redline ute manual ...well the add said ssv redline. but i think it is a ssv just done up to redline specs......

as im 500km away from the car and got a good deal i brought with out seeing it (being brand new what could be wrong with it)

but now looking through the photos the badge on the back is just a ssv badge not red on it or that ???
it has the rims and Brembo brakes (front only ?? is that redline specs only front)
also has the nav on the center screen ?? apparently thats only redlines as well.
but i don't think it is lowered like the redline either
any way so is there a full proof way of telling if it is redline
like i got the ute for $35,000 it would of cost more to do it up to redline specs wouldn't it ??

also its at a ford dealer why the hell would they have a brand new holden ?
View attachment 162728
the only pic i have sorry

Did you mean bought or did you bring it from somewhere?

Stevothedevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II MY12 SSV Redline
Hey guys,

So yesterday i brought a new 2012 black ssv redline ute manual ...well the add said ssv redline. but i think it is a ssv just done up to redline specs......

as im 500km away from the car and got a good deal i brought with out seeing it (being brand new what could be wrong with it)

but now looking through the photos the badge on the back is just a ssv badge not red on it or that ???
it has the rims and Brembo brakes (front only ?? is that redline specs only front)
also has the nav on the center screen ?? apparently thats only redlines as well.
but i don't think it is lowered like the redline either
any way so is there a full proof way of telling if it is redline
like i got the ute for $35,000 it would of cost more to do it up to redline specs wouldn't it ??

also its at a ford dealer why the hell would they have a brand new holden ?
View attachment 162728
the only pic i have sorry

Here you go Dan, I have a 2012 SSV redline sedan.
'FE3' suspension is written on the compliance plate.

Check this link: 2012 Holden Commodore SS V Redline VE Series II review

FE3 suspension (thicker sway bars, and firmer spring rates),
Brembo brakes (red),
19-inch forged alloy wheels.
chrome/silver highlights around the grille, fog lights and front and rear door windows

Cheers

Evil Empire

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
If you find it was a fake but was advertised as a SSV Redline, you would have grounds to void the purchase arrangement, as it would be considered false advertisement. When I was looking to buy a car, albeit a cheaper car than yours, I found a few Holden's that were for sale from Ford Dealers. When I contacted them I was mildly surprised that they knew very little about Holdens, and often I corrected them on some points which also led to a couple having to change their adds when I told them they advertised the wrong model. They admitted their fault and thanked me for the info so they could list the correct info on the add, but I just always assumed most car dealers, whether Holden or Ford, would know their competitors model range fairly well.

Moral of the story is to always do your own research (not saying you didn't) and ask plenty questions. Even get them to send you pics of car manuals and build plates if you want to confirm. If they want the sale they'll do it. Nothing wrong with buying a car without seeing it, although I wouldn't transfer any major cash before I went to pick it up. I bought my car privately from VIC (I'm in SA) without seeing it in person, but I spoke to the guy multiple times, built a good rapport, and basically told him I'll buy the car on a gentlemen's agreement provided the information he gave me was true once I traveled to get the car. I also forked out $270 for an independent inspection for my own piece of mind. The seller was great though, didn't even want a holding deposit (wouldn't give him more than $100-$200 anyway) until I got there and I was happy to proceed. Spoke to him Monday, flew there Friday and drove away with it that day. I think he was also happy that I was a cash buyer.

Just my 2cents. Hope it works out for you.

Grumpyoldb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS-V Z Sedan Perfect Blue
If it is a Z series like mine it won't have the redline badges but it has all the redline gear. Z series SSV came standard with Brembo's, FE3 suspension, Sat nav, sunroof and 19" forged alloy wheels.

dan610

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SSV Z series black - ute manual
ok thanks heaps guys,

the z series sounds more like what it is i think.
not to fussed it is not a redline, it sounds like it will have all the gear of one and thats what i wanted, not the red "v" badge haha.
well i pick her up first thing 2morrow so ill throw some pics up and let you all know what it turned out to be.