Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fat Tyres!!!

Donnie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Black SV8
Heres a new one, i rang *** and they told me i CANT even put 15's on my vz! (2005 SV8) because of my brakes or the way the car was designed(?) he said...now is that true or he just dont want to help me out?

Hmmm....i wont reveal where I rang but...Ooh...and he said that me tyres were no good! and im running falkens.!

peace

jNINE

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
I have a 'couple'
Heres a new one, i rang *** and they told me i CANT even put 15's on my vz! (2005 SV8) because of my brakes or the way the car was designed(?) he said...now is that true or he just dont want to help me out?

Hmmm....i wont reveal where I rang but...Ooh...and he said that me tyres were no good! and im running falkens.!

peace

Well.. They have 296mm front rotors and if they still have the same size rotors at VT then 15" rims will fit. I don't know what the calipers are on the SV8. Pretty sure in Vic you can't legally put those size tyres on your car anyway as they are over the max you can deviate from standard width.

But he's right about the Falkens! ;)

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Donnie, with all due respect mate:

Why are you trying to put SMALLER diameter wheels on your car? And why those ones? They look like something straight out of the 70's dude!

Each to their own of course, but I'm not sure what you're actually trying to achieve...

helmsy

Just Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim Wagon
Ok I don't know much about tyres but can you tell me what is wrong with the Falkens??

I need new tyres soon and my mate has Falkens and he has had great wear and good grip out of them.

Nordy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
I had Falkens on my 18's on my old car and they seemed to be a great tyre in the dry and wet...think they were GRB451's
I had done around 15-20k on them when I sold the car and I think would of gotten at least another 40-50k out of them...car was lowered fair bit as well so camber would have been a bit of an issue

Sorry if taking the thread off topic

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
i always try to go with falkens. they always seem to be really go value for money and last a long time.

jNINE

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
I have a 'couple'
Falkens may last along time, but generally because they are hard and not really up there as far as grip goes. Depends on what you expect from a tyre I guess.

Donnie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Black SV8
Donnie, with all due respect mate:

Why are you trying to put SMALLER diameter wheels on your car? And why those ones? They look like something straight out of the 70's dude!

Each to their own of course, but I'm not sure what you're actually trying to achieve...

Good point mate, i dont know...i just wnat something different. obviously those were one alternatives..but there are other designs im interested in also. I just had enough of the big wheel bling thing you know...i just want to try something different...and if it doesnt work (which im sure alot of you guys think it wont already! :)) then so be it...at least some1 else wont make the same stupid mistake because I already have!!!

Oh and about these falkens, i dont find them very good in the wet AT ALL!!!!

peace!

helmsy

Just Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim Wagon
Good on ya mate for trying something different. Let us know how you go and post up any pics.

Donnie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Black SV8
Good on ya mate for trying something different. Let us know how you go and post up any pics.

Will do mate, just having trouble finding the correct wheels at the moment! what do you guys think of these rims: http://www.magnetmedia.com.au/as/pictures/1172782624.jpg

they are avail at 17x8 and 17x9 BUT only in 42 offset. Any of you guys know if 17x9 with 42 offset will stick out heaps in the rear? thinking of shoving 275s back there! Just to give it a mean stance!

thanks for all ya help!

peace