Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FE2 suspension on VX good?

VT_Boi

VT Holden By Design
Reaction score
Website
www.sunshinecoastcommodores.net
Members Ride
VT Holden By Design
I put Fe2's in mine and honestly they are not that bad. They along with my strut brace and new rubbers have helped with the road handling of the car.

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
Do you know anyone with fe2 maybe you could take their car for a drive? Or try a car dealership, for a test drive...

I wouldn't trade my fe2 for standard, it is a bit harsher but not something that is unliveable.

You may have a bit harsher an experience with 18's though as there is less side wall on the tyre to absorb bumps etc.

RockyVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Wgn, VP Sedan, V6 Ride on Lawnmower
mine has FE2's. Up here (rocky) the roads are pretty ****. ive driven from cairns to brisbane reguarly, and the ride is pretty damn good to me. the missus complained once about a hard seat cushion one time though.

The ride height is also nice, but if i didnt have a super duty towbar with a chunk of 80x15 steel running under the tank, i would have lost more than half of it by now! Bloody supermarkets up here suck balls. :)

karlos_1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Yeah mine also has fe2 and i really could not see much difference in roughness etc between it and standard springs. It does handle a lot better tho. I'll be honest the ride height is not bad, bu i was gona ask the question about going lower.
Dont wana thread hijack but i was looking at a set of pedders super lows, was just wondering if anyone had them in their car, how they ride roughness wise, and will they be ok with standard shocks. Also will the tyres scrub without a camber kit.

In the meantime heres a pic of mine with fe2 see if u think the height is ok. Ive also got 18's on the car, bt for some reason in this pic they look more like 17's

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 1,679

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
You can get your FE2 springs lowered a fraction if you want . Some spring shops will do it for you . They heat them up , compress them a coil at a time them re-temper them

MrWoot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S2 Manual
You can get your FE2 springs lowered a fraction if you want . Some spring shops will do it for you . They heat them up , compress them a coil at a time them re-temper them

Isnt that the dodgey way though? I dont know if it is or isnt but it sounds a lot like those guys who blowtorch their springs to get them to go lower, which ends up **** and unsafe.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Isnt that the dodgey way though? I dont know if it is or isnt but it sounds a lot like those guys who blowtorch their springs to get them to go lower, which ends up **** and unsafe.

As long as the re-tempering is carried out correctly that is fine. That said, if it were me, I'd go buy a set of king springs or similar that have been manufactured to whatever height to begin with.

Reaper

VT Berlina 07

15.37 @ 147 KPH
Reaction score
Members Ride
96 EF2 Futura I6 Auto
Yeah mine also has fe2 and i really could not see much difference in roughness etc between it and standard springs. It does handle a lot better tho. I'll be honest the ride height is not bad, bu i was gona ask the question about going lower.
Dont wana thread hijack but i was looking at a set of pedders super lows, was just wondering if anyone had them in their car, how they ride roughness wise, and will they be ok with standard shocks. Also will the tyres scrub without a camber kit.

In the meantime heres a pic of mine with fe2 see if u think the height is ok. Ive also got 18's on the car, bt for some reason in this pic they look more like 17's

Hey, i have pedders (read signature) with all that it hadles like a go cart on rails, ride is a bit harsh but thats dependent of what roads you drive on:thumbsup: PS slow down for speed humps:yeah:

RockyVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Wgn, VP Sedan, V6 Ride on Lawnmower
with my renault, years ago, I used to have to slow down, and then plant it just before the bump the lift the nose enough to make it over!

Heaps of fun! Looked pretty damn stupid to the mates also. But then what do you expect in a froggy car! :)