Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Federal Election nov 24, will it affect your energy use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
A new thread has been started so people can talk about matters relating to climate change and energy alternatives/use and how our next elected government will influence these if at all. Apparently only "deck chair" issues are to be discussed in the "federal electon nov 24" thread. Feel welcome to discuss other issues relating to the election, we are only in the pub here......there is nothing sacred about this thread for it to be declared "off topic".....but perhaps extended debate on whether fat people are lazy etc is a little hard to justify.

Last edited:

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
IT did for me slightly as i would rather see all other alternative before they believe Nuclear is the only thing left..

Geothermal energy and heating is my way of going into the future.

I wouldn't mind some solar panels on my roof at all.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
As long as nuclear is not an option. There are many alternatives and with the technology, research and development nowadays, nuclear is not needed.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I have my air conditioner running and my clothesdryer currently running, yesterday doesn't mean **** to my energy use :)

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
What are you going to be like when it hits 44 again:eek:
I got a dryer also but i use the line this time of the year.

Thats why my central climate control is great. Never gets warmer than 22 never gets colder than that either.

We are looking at Solar panels, but personally, i dont really want to fork out almost 22,000 in costs to do so.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
in this day and age it would be a selfish tool that refuses to cut down on energy consumption or cut back on water usage.

if im not in the room, light's get turned off, i collect the water that comes out of the shower head before it gets warm and put it into the tank. and im growing my vegies. that is what i can think off.

being a electrician, i will be installing solar pannels on my roof for hot water usage, and if needed ill put a booster in for the hotwater.

that is what im gonna do, have been doing.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Thats why my central climate control is great. Never gets warmer than 22 never gets colder than that either.

We are looking at Solar panels, but personally, i dont really want to fork out almost 22,000 in costs to do so.
I like it cooler:D but i sit in the sauner @ 85deg for 30min but i hate the heat.

S Pack

Topped out @ 230kph
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mercedes E-Class 2007, E220 CDI Wagon
Tomorrow i have the day off work so i think i might go unbolt the exhuast and cat and run the car straight from the extractors. Just to spite this thread.

The election isnt going to change the way i use power and so far it hasnt.

LOL.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Isnt effecting me right now as i am living in Germany.........hope when i come back things are still good.

Status
Not open for further replies.