Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Fined for having no driving/fog lights in existing holes

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Its a BS fine.

So it's illegal to have an open foglight, but legal for the JDM fags to have gigantor holes in their bumpers?

For the reasons the copper says its illegal, those same reasons can be applied to any vent/grill in a front bumper.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
My VS Spac has holes from factory but no lights. You still need to cut the hole bigger to get the lights in but theres still a through hole.

Still have to cut bumper and install bezels and brackets to mount them. The standard holes in a VR/VS bumper could classify as an 'air duct'

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
ok, this isnt me, but is for a customer i have coming in tomorrow to have driving lights fitted.

heres the deal from what ive been told.

customer is new p plater, drives vz commodore with hsv bodykit(aftermarket).

pulled over for "random breatho", and fined $100~ and 1 demerit point for having holes in bumper for driving/fog lights, but no lights installed in said location. as far as i know, they would be the same style hole as a factory hsv bumper.

i havent got time to sit on hold with vicroads, and my manager called local cop shop only to be told to just write a letter to civic compliance because they didnt know.

so i ask, anyone in vic who has either had this happen, or knows the law/adr that this applies to.

in short, in victoria(dont give a stuff about other states) is there a law requiring existing/oem driving/fog light holes to have lights fitted?

i'll check in on this tonight when i finish work, and if someone is extremely bored, they can call vicroads for me and find out ;)

That law seems a little strange , its not like its a safety issue surely . As has been mentioned some Commodores did come with covers over the holes for the fog/ driving lights , perhaps they need to be on until lights are installed . Still seems a bit heavy handed though

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
Not sure where I would stand with said officer, my VX SS has the foglights, however as I never use them and have a friend who has broken a couple due to a stone, I have placed covers over mine as I do quite a few highway trips and was trying to avoid breaking mine. The covers are black so effectively the lights are none operational.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
cheers guys. pretty much what my thoughts were, find out tomorrow i guess. and if i get time ill try calling vicroads

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Everyone has missed the point...

Is she hot?

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
no adr for fog lights. most jap cars with foglights have to have them removed to comply. we dint do anything with the holes. just unplug, thow the lights in a box and give them to the customer.

i am assuming these are just fog lights, i.e the high beams and parklights are still fully functional.