Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

first car help (again)

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Acclaim
hey guys.

im goin for my p's in april and im shoppin around for a car.
i have $5700 in the bank so far but im putting in roughly $100 out of my pay every week, if i dont get paid enough to put in $100 i still put some in.

im looking to buy a nice standout car that i dont have to spend too much money on to lake it look nice and sound good.

i first started looking a few months ago but now with a little more cash im looking at VT's.
i want a VT II or even a VX.

any thoughts or oppinions, even recommendations would be awesome.
im located in the western suburbs of melbourne :)

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
you can get yourself a very nice series 2 vx for that cash. id aim for that as they had many of the vt -vx s1 faults sorted.

otherwise get yourself an earlier stato or calais and then have a few k to do some mods or fix any little things.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
hey guys.

im goin for my p's in april and im shoppin around for a car.
i have $5700 in the bank so far but im putting in roughly $100 out of my pay every week, if i dont get paid enough to put in $100 i still put some in.

im looking to buy a nice standout car that i dont have to spend too much money on to lake it look nice and sound good.

i first started looking a few months ago but now with a little more cash im looking at VT's.
i want a VT II or even a VX.

any thoughts or oppinions, even recommendations would be awesome.
im located in the western suburbs of melbourne :)

I have owned both new VT and new VX models. If it was my money I would go for the VX (as it is a significantly improved car) but get a car later in the model build and get an auto. However it's a matter of what you can afford. There are many rubbishy and worn out cars out there in these models now so the overall condition, especially mechanical condition, is the primary factor. Just be careful in your choice (and have a professional mechanical inspection carried out) or you could easily end up buying yourself a repair bill.

As always, hold off buying until you have saved enough to afford a good sound car with complete service records and don't buy anything that shows any sign of body repair work . (It's a Commodore and there are plenty of cars around to choose from that have not been bent). In the long run you will be better off.

alexlove

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx/vp berlina
im on my green p's, and bought a vx berlina for 6 grand. ive had it for bout 3 months. very nice, i reccomend you try get one

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Hey bro i do a lot of driving on the gong what colour os your vx.
I am around south beach might be coming for australia day