Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First car P plater!

cufc

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Hey everyone, I'm 17 looking to but my first car as I need it for driving to school, sports, and on weekends. Im not exactly sure what to get, I've been looking around and but there seems to be so many choices. My budget is around $6k. Please suggest what type of commodore/calais that you think I should look into. Has to be a V6. Also if you could suggest some mods for when I get it that would be great!

Thanks

VY Rossi

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY SS 5.7L M6
P plates mean no performance mods. Look for s clean vt or vx and keep it serviced regularly. Put some nice wheels on it and a nice stereo and leave it as that til you get your opens

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
He should be able to get a VY exec for around the $6k mark. It's not worth modding. Just drive it for 3 years and then buy the car you want.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Unless you intend to take it motor-racing or intend to drive like a lunatic, mods are a waste of money anyway; any post VL commodore will have sufficient dynamics and power to keep you out of trouble. $6k should get you a nice VX Acclaim, or as someone mentioned the VY exec. Have seen VT/VX berlinas for sale around for that money too; however the extra luxury toys on these can fail, costing $$$$. It would be best to focus on condition, and as every model of commodore improved with safety, dynamics, performance and fuel economy i'd focus on an exec with low mileage that is not too old.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
get something with low kms and if possible a service record... the v6 doesnt go to bad on higher km's as long as you look after them

cufc

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Thanks for the replies everyone, I definitely want something under 180,000kms...im not to sure about all the differences between the executive, acclaim, berlinas, s, etc. Which out of those would be best for me to look at?

cufc

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
all i would do to it would be some nice wheels and a stereo, not sure what else

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
For 6K, I'd be looking at a nice clean VX.

CALAIS94

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
calais
i'll go against them all,buy a calais mod the 6 all you want.