Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

first mods VY clubby

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
do the two hole mod or mCAI and as you've got the better intake pipe you won't need to upgrade it
and keep your extractors on and get some 100 cell high flows, tune the rig and you'll be set

jacko2

Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 LS3 R8
So all decided then. Mine is just a series one clubby. I'm going for pacemaker try y's, 100 cpsi high flow cats, mcai mod and a mafless tune. A bit over budget but I got a good tax return.
Only other question is pacemaker try y's VS 4 into ones, what's better?

Kingston_99

383ci HTV2300 blown LS1!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
4 into 1's in my book

Dangerous Dave

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Caprice
search around the site a little, people having good success with mail order tunes.. should give you about $800 more to spend on other things..

jacko2

Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 LS3 R8
So try y's are the go for low down torque, I'm not after power figures, I'm after useable power up to say 5500 rpm. I want to fill that gap down low, the power doesn't seem to come on until around 2500rpm. I'm not confident with a mail order tune, I'd rather have the car tuned on the dyno, that way I know it's specifically for my car.

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
i had the pacemaker try y and they felt stronger up to 2200 rpm then after that the the difilippo 4-1 were much stronger to red line

jacko2

Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 LS3 R8
ok so i have spoken to a couple of tuners up here in Townsville. i got a decent tax return so i don't need to go second hand now. I got quoted 1550 for 4 into 1 mild steel extractors with xforce 100 cats, 995 for the mafless tune, thats from the main tuner here in townsville. does this sound right? i am waiting on another quote for these things from another tuner.

i also want to do a major service, change plugs, leads, diff fluid, trans fluid, oil filter, fuel filter and new engine oil. for all this i got quoted $855. i can change the oil and filter myself but this seems a little high for all this? it says that all the parts come to $592 and labour is 263 for that service.

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
Leads ~$100 Eagles 10mm or similar.
Plugs ~$90 NGK Iridiums
Diff oil with additive <$50
Trans fluid ~$50
Oil filter ~$15
Fuel Filter ~$15
Engine oil - Need to 5L bottles to fill, They are 6.2L,
Penrite HPR 10 10w50 ~$50x2 ~$100
Penrite SIN 10 10w70 ~$80x2 ~$160

Total with HPR = $420
Total win SIN = $480

Most of those are retail prices aswell..Cheap if you get Trade price..

Everything you have listed there is piss easy to do yourself. Hunt around for the right prices and do it yourself.

You may want to look at doing wiper blades, Brake pads, Rotate tyres, Tyre pressure, Air Filter... few other things that you would normally do in a major service.

Good luck mate
Ben