Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fitting speedo dials

kazalex

karen
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series 2,s pack
hi ,on ebay they have speedo colored dials,i was wondering if anyone has step by step instructions on how to fit these before i buy one,thanks

knowledge_is_power

Quest for Cognition
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII V6 A4
I don't have step by step instructions, but I don't find the job all that hard. It would be a lot easier if you had someone show you how to do it rather then explain it. Once you have the cluster removed from the car there are so torxe bit screws on the back that you undo and the plastic clear front comes off. Then you are able to remove the needles by pulling them straight up. The tricky part is lining the needles back up where they should be. There is a check feature on the computer that you can use if you plug the cluster back into the car that will move all the needles to the middle so that you can align them.

As i said it would be alot easier to have someone show you. and depends if your good at this kind of thing

Jezz

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
there are no torx bits holding the clear plastic screen on, it just clips on.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
As said above there r no torx bits 2 just get at the dial facia. unclip plastic cover and the black cover surround u'll find it easier 2 get the lot off if u do them 2gether. Use a fork that doesnt have sharp edges on it and use that like a pair of pincers.

Being a VX u have the option 2 use the hidden menu on the trip computer 2 check ur needles alignment. fuel and temp gauges should b on half way, the tacho on 3000 RPM and the speedo at 100KMs.