Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fixin da front of my vl step by step *pics*

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
jeez buddy. that sounds suss. i hope he's alright.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
AHHH COOL I found him aye, he was rescuing his neighbor from her wifebashing ex-boyfriend and knicked off for 2 days but all is well. We have been burning the midnight oil and have prepared the nosecone and bumper for undercoat and sanding back all the stonechips to bare plastic. We have bought 2 litres of basecoat marinello red and clear. so hopefully it should be finished after the weekend, front, and drivers guard being painted at the moment. will do a bit here and there over the next few months. No pics today coz my phone went flat.

BigDaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
Sounds like its comin along well, just out of curiosity what did the 2 litres of marinello red cost?

ucwepn

Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
I honestly don't know but I will find out for you, I just handed over the cash and my mate went to see his mate at the ford dealership on sydney road. He bought lots of other stuff too like expensive masking tape and stuff so I'd say less than $200.
Have fitted new 2nd hand headlights and brand new indicators to the front. Hopefully the front is in undercoat by now, I will ring him later and check.

Last edited:

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
looking good, very thorough rub back by the looks.
Love the piccy with the barefeet in the shed. always in trouble with the mrs for that....

ucwepn

Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Nosecone is fixed and undercoated, going to do bumper, grill and guard (DS) today in undercoat, and we may burn the midnight oil tonight and apply the colour + clear coat. Basecoat is very similar to 2 pack being that it uses the same thinners and hardner as 2 pack but it has a clear coat on top as well and is slightly cheaper than 2 pack. (after all its not a showcar, its my old daily warrior)

ucwepn

Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Day 4
Today we finished undercoating everything and have re-assembled the car so I can drive it until the weekend when we will apply the colour (hooray) it is allot more work than what I had imagined, but most of the work is in preparing the surfaces for priming and painting. we have decided to paint the guard on the car and just roughen the surface before painting (not a full rub back).

So here are some various pics of todays activities LOL (damn it was like 42 degrees today too)

Last edited:

ucwepn

Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
day 4
And heres a few more, the front end will be removed again to be painted but I only have one car so we had to quickly just slap it together for the week.

Last edited:

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
lookn good m8, really shows how hard it is to do all the work. not as simple as some ppl think