Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

flashing cops

Do u flash your lights to warn other drivers cops are near?

• Yes Always

Votes: 298 41.6%
  • No never

Votes: 78 10.9%
  • Sometimes, depends on the other driver

Votes: 340 47.5%

• Total voters

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
I got flashed on the way to work this morn, 2 cars in a group of 4, was overtaking couple cars on over takin lanes, doin nearly 110 in a 100 zone, no cops were seen, i fort it was a bit weird not seeing any cops, but then again i neva see cops where i live.

Just put sum VPss fog lights in n fort they mite have com a bit loose n were hangin n thats y they flashed but nope.

Big Blue

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYii Berlina Wagon V6
I think people have missed the point of flashing lights.
Originally, it would have been a courtesy to warn oncoming traffic of an obstacle on the road or some other thing requiring caution (livestock or something fallen off a truck) - for safety reasons.
If people took this approach rather than using it as a means to inhibit revenue-raising for the Government, then it probably would still be quite legal to flash your lights.
But.... if you are doing more than 10 above the limit, you probably deserve a ticket. (Why should I warn you?)

Mind you.... if someone is doing more than 10 below the limit and holding up traffic........:whistling :driving:

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
I find on country roads ppl are more willing to letuno that there is a cop up the road.

Yesterday i was on me way out to me mums, i went past around 14-16 cars that flashed me lettin me know there is one comin up.

Even had the ol few that were waving there hands out n stuff.

This was on the way out to canungra in the gold coast hinterland.

Cop was on a brand new moto, huge sucker not like there normal onse, this was like a big cruzer bike all the oldie bikers ride, big saddle bags n that.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
my ass got saved on the weekend, and now i have 12 pts thanks to the good people travelling down to brissy from the sunny coast...no more 1 pt for a year!!!:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Muik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive Series 2
i don't know you can say it depends on the other driver cuz you hardly even see them as they go past...i only do it the certain cars because its nice when ppl do it for you but ya just gotta watch that you don't flash an unmarked vehicle because apparently they can fine you for it. But y have quick flash lever? I've been told your suppose to flash when overtaking a car, is this true?

You are supposed to flash when overtaking to warn other drivers of it, but the police can only do you for flashing your lights if you do it between dusk to dawn (night time),because during those hours it is a danger.

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
if its an RBT unit i wont flash cous the idiots shouldnt be drink driven

however if its a speed camera ill flash out of respect cous im sick of cops making revenue sitten on their asses when they could be out there catching the real criminals