Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Flat spots post Rocker cover replacement

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
Hiya,

Just had my rocker cover gaskets replaced at last service, 2 days ago, along with new plugs etc

Living semi rural now and on resuming/ increasing throttle, hill climb after fat run up or resuming speed on flat roads, say after a bug bend I get the occasional flat spot of burst of two of three flat spots. Enough for me to know these are a new thing.

At highway speeds- straight line no problems, other wise runs with a new lease of life like it used to when knew.

I read that they need to disconnect the air inlet from the manifold, to do the passenger side cover, could this area be the cause? Like the throttle cable not connected s it should or the inlet hose not screwed on tight? I did notice it idling a little faster initially but this has settled down. I also saw elsewhere that leads may be a problem.

They had left one clip undone on the air filter box, but who hasn't, that shouldn't really cause this.

I'll be back there Monday, but just wanted to think of some things to check in the meantime.

Many thanks