Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

flooding on vs 5lt

djbrentos

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5lt stato
hi guys im trying to figure this one out with the 5lt stato flooding starts first go then when you stop you have to crank and crank the coffs n splatters then fires up clearly there a fuel leak somewhere injectors have been replaced with reco ones and its still doing the same thing so the question is how can you test the fuel reg ect and should there be fuel in the rails ?? i would have thought that when you stop the car thats what the return line is for to return the fuel so the rails should be empty if thats the cause its gonna be the regulator ect can anyone help
cheers brent

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Fuel pressure gauge specifically used for testing fuel pressure.
Test is quite detailed and you should buy and follow a service manual.

Also if you have a volt/ohm metre you need to test ohm's of the temp sensor as these go out of wack and send more fuel to the injectors.

to a lessor extent the MAP sensor also needs to be tested if the Fuel reg and the temp sensor check out fine as they can fail and also will send the signal for more fuel to the injectors.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Or you could borrow a V6 service manual of a friend or a library etc as the testing procedure from VN to VR is the same and similar to VS and on (late VS and on does not have the MAP sensor, but these are rarely the cause).

Last edited:

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
I had this and I think many others have suffered the same. For some reason when the 5ltrs warm up some tend not to want to start sometimes. This isnt all of them, but i've spoken to enough people and read enough on here to know its a definate issue. E.g. fuel up at servo, takes a fair go to get started again. I used to find that if if i turned the key 3 times to "reds" and let the fuel pump time out each time (bout 3-5seconds), it would usually fire upnext kick. Not sure but it must be somthing to do with somthing wearing out on the fuel system, be it pump, reg, filter, injectors, or just a combination of them all getting old. But could be as simple as tired sparkplugs too.