Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fly-By-Wire Throttle Complaints?

H

Hill-Billy

My SV6 does it a bit, but I've had it for 12 months and I'm used to it. The Mrs. never noticed any difference. It's an auto (isn't the 5speed fantastic?) but I reckon a manual would be a pain in the ass! What annoys me more than anything else is that Holden say it's got 190kw @ 6500, but it's redlined @ 5500!! I'd say maybe 160 @ 5500, over that and you'd be voiding your warranty wouldn't you?? Cheers

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
Sammy said:
Stoney ... you just need a manual mate :) i have no problems lighting up the tyres off the line :)

agreed... and i dont even have the uterus...

tommo12

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Acclaim 6
Stoney! said:
The Holden dealership said u can get them re-programmed to get rid of it and said it was basically an australian safety feature installed in them

Stoney!

Hi all,
I to have a VZ Acclaim wagon company vehicle. Great car exept for the throttle. As well as lag there is an oversensitivity around town that keeps your foot sort of hovering over the pedal a lot. A real pain in the leg. Can dealers really change the mapping of the pedal?
The thing has now done over 90k without missing a beat and it's a shame that throttle is so ****ed.

tommo

BLACKVZSV8

300 rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 M6
Anyone with editing software can alter the sensitivity of the pedal.

VZGEN4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER
I'm not sure whether i'm just used to it but I don't have any complaints with the DBW in my ute.

The only time I notice it is if C/C is set and you hit the throttle to speed up there is an initial lag or no response untill you press the pedal down to the point where you would have it if you were sitting at that speed...

Make sense?

It doesn't happen in a cable driven TB because the cruise actuator phsically operates the TB and also the accelerator hence when you hit the pedal it's already at the set point.

tommo12

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Acclaim 6
BLACKVZSV8 said:
Anyone with editing software can alter the sensitivity of the pedal.

Thanks,
But does anyone know if a servicing dealer could/would do this?
Has anyone been able to 'stiffen up' the pedal effort?
There has got to be a way to improve feel. I drove over 200k in a VP without cruise and even after driving a 15hr day never had an issue with the driving position.

Tommo

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
I know this is old but I am experincing this right now after I changed my pedel from the standard exec the Sports metal version a big lag is now there been trying to find out if there is a reset or re-learn procedure but can't seem to get and answer to this.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Are you getting any error codes on the display?