Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Flywheel bolts (vs ecotech

Captian Soup

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS bucket
i had one snap during an erratic crash avoidance situation and it took me forever to get it out. then once all is said and done im doing up the new flywheel bolts i have brought from holden to the specified torque in the vr-vs manual. 75-90nm ( just tryin to get to 75nm) and the Mother Fing bolt snaps off right in my torque wrench well before it goes click!! WAT the hell!! does anyone know anything about the PROPER torque setting or whether the v6 should be using washers. or what. im DUCKING devasted iv been off the road for over a month and now im right back t square one just as i was getting ready to get back on the rd.

KrisG

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VSII Berlina
75-90Nm for the flywheel to crank bolts is for the VN series 1 only. The VS V6 require 18-22Nm, then an additional 50 degrees turn respectively. As far as I know there are no washers involved too mate.

aussie bob

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Exec S2
Going by the Gregory's book it says
Torque the bolts to 18-22nm on all models except series 2 manual transmission models tighten the bolts an additional 47-53 degrees.
On series 2 manual transmission models tighten the bolts an addition 80-90 degrees using an angle gauge

Captian Soup

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS bucket
wow. thats alot different to what i have in my manual which i cant find gregs or haynes signature for. but it seems legit. thats very strange. ok thanks guys that makes sence as to why it snapped and wouldnt tighten to what i was trying..

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Ahhh that sucks mate. I snapped one on my vp aswell. Just have to take off the flywheel and get it out with vice grips or an easy out. Things always go wrong at the worst times ay? Lol good luck man.

Captian Soup

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS bucket
ahhh i see i done some research and now understand the aditional degrees. thanks for all your help guys. chur