Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fobo Tyre Pressure Monitoring

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6

Yes but I am not going to take my car all the way to Pakenham Vic for this , they need to car to recode it " Just need sensors and our programming."

They even state this in the Facebook

Nathan Ripsher do the sensors need to be removed to the link with the module ? if your not in the same state ?
Like · Reply · 4 June at 13:53
JSB Performance
JSB Performance Can't do it interstate unfortunately.
Like · Reply · 4 June at 13:56

If it stuffs up MyLink or other things then I am up **** creek without a paddle.

Still needs sensors and look at the cost..

Ian Mills How much? Is it a flash?
Like · Reply · 4 June at 08:55
JSB Performance
JSB Performance It's is $250 to flash all the modules and link the sensors (you supply the sensors) So it is going to cost way more than Fobo Tire TPMS..

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Yes it's more expensive and you do have to be in the greater Melbourne area.

"We have one VF TPMS kit left for $445 (flash, four brand new sensors. Drive in and out) check out the video on the page for more info but tyre pressure monitoring on any VF"

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
As anyone can imagine, any upgrades that are integrated into the car is going to be more expensive then an aftermarket implementation.
For example.. you can easily buy a tom tom window mount GPS unit for about $100, or you can go with the factory navigation mylink which will cost more... but fully integrates with the car.
TPMS is the same, theres cheaper aftermarket ones that can display cool info on your phone. But for some (like myself) I prefer everything to have a factory feel and integrate completely into the car :beer chug:

Its all personal preference! Every option has positives and negatives.

JSB is only place I would recommend to everyone.
Technically he would be my competition, but I have worked closely on alot of projects with him and can personally say he knows exactly what hes doing and wouldnt recommend anyone else to do Holden related upgrades.

Last edited:

jezzab

TINKERER
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 Turbo Ute / VU SS TT Drag Ute [Sold]
So with the FOBOs your at the servo and need to add a little more air to the tyres. You pull out your TPMS sensor removal took (spanner) so you can pull the sensor off the valve and pump up your tyre and then re-install it again with your spanner. Far from factory. Might want to compare apple with apples.

And the two offers of $445 supplied sensors and $250 BYO, sheez, couldnt get any better in the fact you can buy the sensors for as cheap as you can get them.

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
So with the FOBOs your at the servo and need to add a little more air to the tyres. You pull out your TPMS sensor removal took (spanner) so you can pull the sensor off the valve and pump up your tyre and then re-install it again with your spanner. Far from factory. Might want to compare apple with apples.

And the two offers of $445 supplied sensors and $250 BYO, sheez, couldnt get any better in the fact you can buy the sensors for as cheap as you can get them.

Where? Got a link? to the "cheap" sensors and have you confirmed they will work with the JSB "factory" solution? -it's not actually a factory solution it's a hack into the ECM /computer which isn't sanctioned by Holden, if it was then it would be factory.. I am not prepared to risk it as it if it goes belly up then you would not be covered under warranty. (my car is out of warranty but I still wouldn't do it) If it was that easy and risk-free, you think Holden would offering this as an option already. Just think of the money they could make!

It's still more expensive but hey it's your money !!! Plus I don't have to have my ignition on to view the pressures. I can view my pressures from inside my house (see photo below) Plus I can monitor up 20 cars.( I don't have that many LOL)

Plus everytime you take your car to Holden for a service any new BCM or ECM or software update is going to erase this and bring it back to factory default, this was mentioned in the FaceBook posts. So then you have to reflash the module again...you need to request the USB dongle and do it all again and pay for postage and wait. So much for the "convenience" . Apples with Apples right there!!

I have timed how long it takes to remove the lock nut and the sensor, all of 10 seconds.. I bet after a bit of practice I can reduce that down ! But my tyres rarely need filling and I don't need to check them at a servo now as the sensors will alert me when the drop below 33 psi. Before I was checking every week but seeing very little change in the pressures.

I have already stated the locknut is optional, there is no need for you to use and then it is just a matter of unscrewing it as you would the valve cap.

File 11-09-2016, 2 19 34 PM.jpg

Last edited:

jezzab

TINKERER
Reaction score
Members Ride
Clearly you dont understand how the TPMS is added. The BCM and cluster have sections. How the TPMS is enabled is adding the "sections" that are used TPMS enabled cars so. Theres no hack, its adding in FACTORY calibrations that were missing in your cars config. They are all unmolested Holden/GM code/calibrations. They even pass a CVN test.

And a BCM update (which is rare) would remove it and we add it back in for free. Nothing else would remove it.
Just make sure you dont do anything to your car aftermarket (airfilter, tune, exhaust, etc etc) as these could void your warranty

Your aftermarket solution is not any where near factory. You need a phone to check the pressures. There is no factory integration. But hey. Its your money :)
Live with it mate, if you like it you shouldnt need to justify your purchase.

Last edited:

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
When I get my Redline I will be going with JSB the whole way. I much prefer the factory integration to an aftermarket add on.
My wish list includes the TPMS and the Performance Page the Chevy SS gets that we miss out on.

jezzab

TINKERER
Reaction score
Members Ride
When I get my Redline I will be going with JSB the whole way. I much prefer the factory integration to an aftermarket add on.
My wish list includes the TPMS and the Performance Page the Chevy SS gets that we miss out on.

Heres the pearler. The Chevy SS doesnt get the Performance Page :) No one does lol. Continental put it in there but never used it for anything. Or the manufacturers didnt use it for anything I should say. Crazy