Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fog Lamps wiring

Loupy31

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Wagon
Hi, I have a series 1 VY Berlina wagon, I want to ad fog lamps to it, so first is there wiring looms under the front bumper for them, second how do I mount them, third is there dash lighting for them and were does the switch go, I also heard they have to be activated in the control module or some thing like that...........how much of this info is correct ( if any ) I have seen a series 1 with fog lamps, not round ones but similar in style to the main head lamp.

Regards Loupy31

Conkster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec Wagon
I too would also like to figure out how to add foglights to my VY executive.

simon_bogle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Storm
Fog light wiring

I am trying to do the same thing!
can someone please help?
Got a vy storm ute.

cliffo78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline, VL Exec, VY Berlina
Hi, I have a series 1 VY Berlina wagon, I want to ad fog lamps to it, so first is there wiring looms under the front bumper for them, second how do I mount them, third is there dash lighting for them and were does the switch go, I also heard they have to be activated in the control module or some thing like that...........how much of this info is correct ( if any ) I have seen a series 1 with fog lamps, not round ones but similar in style to the main head lamp.

Regards Loupy31
1. I am fairly certain the wiring exists behind the bumper - my base-model VT sedan has the loom there ready to plug in foglamps, so I would assume Holden continued to do the same with later models.

2. If you are mounting factory foglamps (for example from the VY Berlina series 2) it may be tricky because from what i can tell from photos the series 1 bumper does not have the provision for them. Aftermarket foglamps may be easier to mount on your existing bumper, but personally I would replace it with the series 2 bumper and install the factory foglamps.

3. You will need to obtain a replacement headlamp switch which incorporates the foglamp switch in its function (you pull the switch outwards to turn on the foglamps). My guess is the wiring is already present in the existing loom, so you just need to plug the new switch in and it should work. I dont think there is any difference in the programming of the BCM between a vehicle equipped with foglamps and one that isn't.

Good luck with that.

cliffo78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline, VL Exec, VY Berlina
I am trying to do the same thing!
can someone please help?
Got a vy storm ute.

As for a VY Storm ute, this would be a much easier project as the front bumper has blanks where the foglamps are factory installed on SS, so its just a matter of removing the blanks and slotting the VY SS foglamps straight in (and fitting a new headlamp switch). Also you may find that the "foglamp on" dash warning light may not have a globe in the back of the cluster - although I'm not sure about this - but if that IS the case it is fairly simply to install a globe.