Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fog Light Indicator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Supercharger
I have installed Fog Lamps in my VY S Pac. Would anyone know if there is a indicator (light) in the instrument cluster which indicates when the fog lamp is switched on. How do i fix one up?

Thanks.

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
were they genuine ones? i had foglights on my vy but they wernt genuine and it didnt show up on the dash. oh just thought, check to see if the relay is in?

kave1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series 2 v8 berlina
I have installed Fog Lamps in my VY S Pac. Would anyone know if there is a indicator (light) in the instrument cluster which indicates when the fog lamp is switched on. How do i fix one up?

Thanks.
There is a symbol that lights up in the cluster for cars fitted with fog lights from factory.You might have to see if there is a bulb behind the fog light symbol in your cluster & did you use the factory light switch when you fitted the fog lights, this may also have something to do with it. In saying this i'm no expert, these are just suggestions. Cheers.:thumbsup:

SinisterVY

"The World Is Yours..."
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY II S
It is true that it will indicate if fitted or an option from factory. This also depends on what series vy. Mine is series II and they actually removed the wiring plug and harness on the VY S II. The VYS I has it all there and is simply a plug and play job as well as changing the switch to the SS one. I wired them myself and simply replaced the switch but have no illimunation on the cluster. Who cares really as long as they work! and u know they are on coz the switch has to pulled out

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Yeah, it should light up on the dash if fitted from factory.

The light is actually a surface mount LED, so it may or may not be there on yours. If not, it would be a mission to put one in! Requires exceptional soldering skills...