Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fold Down Seat...

Lamby22

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Hey guys,

Quick one - middle fold down seat in my VY, the button you push down to be able to fold the seat down is broken. Wondering if anyone has a part number or what to look for on eBay? Couldn't seem to have much luck on there.

Cheers,
Nick

Greasy Hands

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
YV II Acclaim, non daily.
all the functional interior plastic bits like clips and buttons etc aren't too expensive at the stealership, I'd just go there. Chances are if yours is broken its happened to someone else and they're probably on the shelf.

"beautification parts" like moldings etc are an absolute rip off but that's a different story.

Lamby22

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
$22 from local Holden. Still a rip-off, but a bearable one at that.

Greasy Hands

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
YV II Acclaim, non daily.
Unfortunately this is the cost of owning a small market car made in Australia.

If it was for example a BMW, you could probably of bought that part for $2 in the USA. Granted you'd need to order a lot of other things to make the postage cost worth while. Another of my other cars is a benz, and i can buy a carton of 12 oil filters for the cost of 1 locally. Wtf ?

Lamby22

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Haha yeah not suprised, could have gone down to the local wreckers but these have broken in 2 of my cars so a new one should last a while!

Cheers,
Nick