Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Food for thought.

cracker

Reaction score
Water expands when heated...

not really water is strange in the ways it behaves

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
In theory, you could make water by smashing Hydrogen and Oxygen together, but it requires more than just stirring it together. They don't just mix like a scrambled eggs.

You need some form if energy or spark or something along those lines.

But then it's still not that easy. Oxygen supports combustion, and we all know what Hydrogen does when an ignition sure is introduced (Hindenburg, anyone?).

Until then we need to preserve the **** of what small amount of water we have.

As for air, just plant more trees? Idk. I'm far from a Biologist/Botanist.

Where would you get the hydrogen and oxygen from?

Trees are good, but they don't make more air, just change its composition to something we can breathe. On a scale of things, they aren't actually that hugely important to the worlds air, algae in the oceans do most of the work. Of course, they help, but losing all the trees wouldn't choke us completely. What they do which is vital though is provide habitat, ground stabilisation etc. and of course food..

Last edited:

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Where would you get the hydrogen and oxygen from?

Trees are good, but they don't make more air, just change its composition to something we can breathe. On a scale of things, they aren't actually that hugely important to the worlds air, algae in the oceans do most of the work. Of course, they help, but losing all the trees wouldn't choke us completely. What they do which is vital though is provide habitat, ground stabilisation etc.

Hey! I was just snowballing some ideas.

I'm just a sparky. :p

VY Rossi

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY SS 5.7L M6
Bumblebee is really a commodore in disguise

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Bumblebee is really a commodore in disguise

Hey linking commodores and transformers is illegal in some states mate. And if you are going to do it, why do you have to choose the woosy one?

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
I'm assuming that ball of water only represents fresh water. Because I read that the earth's surface consists of around 70% water and 30% land
Even though the oceans are salt water, they can be converted to fresh water (desalination)- although it does require a lot of energy to do so

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
I'm assuming that ball of water only represents fresh water. Because I read that the earth's surface consists of around 70% water and 30% land
Even though the oceans are salt water, they can be converted to fresh water (desalination)- although it does require a lot of energy to do so

i would be saying its to do with the idea that under the water is more land masses.
my thoughts anyway.

and isnt fresh water only about 1% of all water on earth?