Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ford EF/EL or AU thermo fan measurements

#Brock

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammmed Slammed Blown VT SS 3:9 Shift Kitted
Well I'm almost at the end of my build side mount Supercharger put on the 5 litre and now the OEM thermo fans won't go back in cos there too thick and now hitting the Charger belt on the Yella Terra harmonic balancer pulley does anybody know the measurements of the ford AU thermo fans as they flow at 3000 CFM and I was hoping there thinnerr than the VT thermo fans which 150 millimetre and I have 80 millimetres to play with between radiator and supercharger pulley belt on harmonic balancer Charger belt any advice on the au thermo fan measurements would be appreciated,. I've scoured the Internet and all the Wrekers a closed on Saturday after 12 to find measurements thanks in advance

Last edited:

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
http://www.aussiev8. com.au/holden-v8s/37776-ford-el-au-thermo-fans-into-hq-hz-holden-v8.html there ya go.
^SPACE added

Last edited:

#Brock

Reaction score
Members Ride
That link is no good mate

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Fixed just copy paste and close the gap between . and com cheers.

The photos are detailed as heck unfortunately it says the thermos are around 90mm thick min. though depending where the pulleys/belts is located it may have clearance in that area of 75mm possibly???

#Brock

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers, awesome thread mate, but I'm unsure how to wire it up as the VT 1 has low n high speed relays already on OEM fuse box so is it just a matter of wiring the au into the OEM thermo fan plug n all will be fine? Thanx in advance