Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

forum f4gs

slappa.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
my battery went dead a few months ago, one trick to get the car started is to hold the unlock button while cranking the engine over.

worked for me until i got a replacement.

Brucefromruse

CRAVEN MOORHEAD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive s2
I went to macarthur locksmiths 120 bucks and i now have a good spare...BUT i will swap keys every now n then to keep em going.

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
yer there probly is other machines that do it now, im guessing theyd duplicate the exsisting key, ours a programmed to the bcm so i duno what ever is better i guess

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
yes there are commercially available programmers that do them, programming it with tech2 is simple but copying one with the new gear is even quicker,
do a google search im sure theres some info around.lol

Rob

fazz1977

myspace.com/fazz_himself
Reaction score
Website
www.buttonhole.com.au
Members Ride
1992 VP Executive Wagon, L27 V6 3800
Is it possible to do a VP S1 remote code on say a VR single button key head?

I have the vehicle security details, from getting my current remote from Bay City Holden, who were very helpful. The only issue was it never worked quite right, and now it's quit entirely... what a waste of money. I think it's a mongoose, as Bay City had to get it shipped in from interstate pre-coded, and yes, you can change the battery on these ones.

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
they work differently, a vr remote is designed to disarm ylur imobiliser using the theft deterent module and the contact ring around the ignition barrel, vp's arent mongoose, they use a module under the dash like vn's but disarm the immobiliser using the remote, vr's also disarm using the remote but only for 20 seconds, after that the security light will come on. i dont see how any key can be pre-coded ive never heard of this and is probly the reason it didnt work.

as i say with all holden parts, stick to what suits your car, and dont listen to people that say otherwise.

id prefer to program a remote off the tdm or bcm rather than copying a key that doesnt work properly, it takes us like 15 seconds to do vr's and vs's

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
my battery went dead a few months ago, one trick to get the car started is to hold the unlock button while cranking the engine over.

worked for me until i got a replacement.

after the doors stop working its an indicator to replace, too many cases where people have let it drag on and been stuck at the shopping centre or similar

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
they should have done it right in the first place, a small super cap with a voltage regulator, good for thousands of uses and billions of charges, two contacts on the ignition barrel to charge it.

A key head that never needs replacing.

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
if they did everthing right in the first place thered be no such thing as spare parts.