Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Freak work accident - One to make you wince in sympathy

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Hope you fellas got some compo. Not saying money will make your foot grow back neet_wagon, but seriously mate I hope you didnt get shafted in the workcover process

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
Hope you fellas got some compo. Not saying money will make your foot grow back neet_wagon, but seriously mate I hope you didnt get shafted in the workcover process

Yeah good luck with that!

Nearly three years ago this happened. Finally START the court battle after September this year. MIGHT be all finished by March next year.
Doesn't sound like an AWEFUL long time to wait - but I know have three kids, and before the accident I earned $90,000 p.a (take home), I now earn $36,000 p.a (take home)

The majority of any money I see will be from loss of earnings - there will be sweet F-A money for pain/suffering/compo

As for the guy that stuffed up, he was sacked shortly afterwards - they re-hired him last month (only this time he's doing my old job........................................)

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
As for the guy that stuffed up, he was sacked shortly afterwards - they re-hired him last month (only this time he's doing my old job........................................)

Jeez, it would be a damn shame if the same thing happened to him, wouldn't it? NOT! :p

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
Jeez, it would be a damn shame if the same thing happened to him, wouldn't it? NOT! :p

There is that, yes.
But, I couldn't imagine what I went through happening to anybody else, not even him.

The hardest part of all this is being a former state champion soccer player (I played for 12 years), and having to sit on the sidelines and watch my son teach himself how to play the game, each & every Saturday.
Compensation will never come close to covering that.

Still, I think Ari's fingernail is still winning!

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Wow. That stuff looks bad. It is bad.

Workplaces can be dangerous huh?

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Normally, workplaces are only dangerous when you're working with retards IMO....As is the case in neet_wagons instance. Having said that, freak accidents do happen from time to time.

But for the most part, workplace incidents (not accidents) happen due to negligence/stupidity.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
But for the most part, workplace incidents (not accidents) happen due to negligence/stupidity.

Agree 100% I ####ed up, and learnt a good lesson with my burns. Has put me in a **** situation financially, and career wise. It's taught me that doing the quick way, isnt always the best way. Even taking a few seconds more can be the difference between doing the job safely, or hurting yourself.

Surprisingly a full thickness burn requires only the involvement of epidermis (outer layer of skin), dermis and the fatty layer below. Once the whole layer of the dermis (inner layer) is destroyed the ability of the skin to heal itself is destroyed, hence the term 'full thickness'.< all of your burns are full thickness regardless of penetration past that point, you are right in saying his burns aren't as bad, to me those ones look like 2nd degree partial thickness/deep partial thickness (that’s what I should have said in my post above). the blistering indicates that there is living dermal tissue underneath, in your case there was no blistering because all the tissue had been burnt though.

The reasoning for the skin grafts in my case was because once it was all rubbed back, the thickness had gone down to near where the nerves were apparently (i was off my face on morphine for most of the time) it was a 50/50 decision whether they were going to or not. There were patches where it was deeper than others etc.