Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Friggen thermostat

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I recently had my radiator cap and thermostat crap themselves out, temperatures where fluctuating quite wildly. If I understand correctly, replacing them should be a very simple job... not with Holden. Why in the hell is the thermostat located in such a place that requires removal of the engine?! Labour cost alone for what should have been a simple job... a whopping $300!!! Not happy at all with that.

How long should I expect before the thermostat craps itself again?

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
yes very silly idea indeed,though great for the service center at Holden you won't have to replace it whilst you own it:)
I recently had my radiator cap and thermostat crap themselves out, temperatures where fluctuating quite wildly. If I understand correctly, replacing them should be a very simple job... not with Holden. Why in the hell is the thermostat located in such a place that requires removal of the engine?! Labour cost alone for what should have been a simple job... a whopping $300!!! Not happy at all with that.

How long should I expect before the thermostat craps itself again?