Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

from buick to ecotec

ParkwayDrv

Slave to the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
well as for range on the hwy i get betwen 400 to 500 kays on the first 1/4 of a tank in my v6 caprice around town i only get about 250 to 300 my tank is 80ltrs

wait am i reading it wrong or do you get 400-500 on a 1/4 of a tank?

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
I have owned A Vp series 2 v6 and driven ecotechs and I found that my vp would out perform an ecotech easily unmodded and an l67(and so it should) would **** on both of them with ease

so as performance would go of the line and in aceleration it would go

L67>buick > ecotech

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
I have the specs of as tested (not holden specs) v6 commodores from vn through to vt, and the fastest v6 commodore from 0-100 is the seriesI VN executive. If I remember correctly the VN exec is also the fastest over the quarter mile.

I will have a hunt around at home and see if i can find it.

Aside from the specs though, I am of the opinion that the seriesI definatly had alot of low down punch, but really lacked any top end whatsoever.

The seriesII in my wagon seemed to be a step above the seriesI, in terms of mid range grunt, and the missus' VX just seems to want to rev forever.

In a head to head dash nowdays I think the Ecotec would beat the seriesI 9 times out of 10 due to the seriesI wheelspinning and the eco just taking off.........

Thats my 2 cents.

ParkwayDrv

Slave to the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
not reading wrong mate my cars very good on fuel i was going to put gas on it but with range like that i dont need it

thats epic...my old ecotec used to chew the petrol id be lucky to get 400 kms out of tank lol

94vrcaprice

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
99 wh caprice
1600-2000kms per tank? im finding that sorta hard to beleive sorry mate

ive never let the car get under 3/4 so im unsure of the range but when u fill it takes max 30 ltrs and thats really pushing it so that tells me that i still have another 50 ltrs in the tankand at 3/4 he estimated distance to empty is normaly 400 to 500 kays from 3/4 and i recantly did a trip from canberra to brisbane and it only cost me $80

Silver_VS_II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore series II
oh you got an 80 litre tank, im not really too familiar on the specs and stuff on fuel economy and tank sizes just thought that it seemed alot from a tank.

94vrcaprice

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
99 wh caprice
it suprised the **** out of me when i got 400 on 1/4 ive since done it a few more time and it all depends on how i drive if i drive like grandpa i get betwen 400 to 500 from the 1/4 drive with a bit of a lead foot 200 to 300 on the 1/4 but im betting if i let it get under 3/4 it will go down real quick lol according to the comp in the car at 110 on flat ground the read out is betwen 2.9 ltrs per 100 to 7.9 ltrs per 100 im happy with it for a car that weighs 1600 kgs

speed_freak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive 3.8 Eco
so your saying you can get 2000km per tank?

That comes to 4l per 100kms.

The new fiesta econetic gets 3.6l per 100kms and thats the most fuel efficient car in Aus. How is it that a 94 model 3.6l V6 is on par with a 2010 model 1.6l 4cyl TD?