Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front drivers seat restoration cost

KustomKulture62

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Specialized Hardrock Sports Disc 29er
Need to have the front drivers seat replaced and have found a pair of original grey coloured leather seats but they are in sad condition and need repadding and recovering. Wondering has anyone had this work done recently and roughly what would the cost be, doesn't need to be redone in leather, a quality vinyl would be good. Nearest Upholsterer is 300klms away and I won't be going that way for another month at which time I will get a quote that is if rough figure seems OK.
Another option might be to replace the seats with aftermarket units, anyone heard of SAAS seats and have a pair of them fitted.

Last edited:

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
When I put leather seats in my VX, I sold the stock ones in excellent condition for $150. Keep looking and you'll find something cheap.

As for replacing, what model do you drive? If you have airbags in your seats then you need to use seat with the same, otherwise the car will be illegal.

KustomKulture62

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Specialized Hardrock Sports Disc 29er
Just a rough estimate from someone in the know thanks.
Can you get SAAS seats with airbags?

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
Just a rough estimate from someone in the know thanks.
Can you get SAAS seats with airbags?

Don't waste your time with after market seats for an old road registered vehicle. The seats and all the fittings will have to be ADR compliant and you will need to get an engineering certification on the fitment to keep the car legal for registration. It's not worth the hassle for an old road car.

Phone a couple of auto trimmers in QLD. The seats are so straight forward and common they should be easily able to give you an indicative quote on restoration if you define the work needed and fabric you want.

If you phone up a few wreckers that carry a lot of commodores you may be able to locate some seats in very good condition from the same model vehicle that will bolt right in without any modification.