Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

front end conversion VX to VZ

waylon1996

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Spac
Hey everyone,
ive seen some VX's with a whole VZ front end, just wanted to know is it simply just getting a VZ front bumper, head lights, side guards and a bonnet and bolting it straight on? or is there a lot more to it?

troyzv2

Reaction score
Members Ride
v2 monaro supercharged
the front bar reo is in a different spot, i think the vz is lower. go to a wreckers and have a look.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
And bumper hangers are different

waylon1996

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Spac
im staying right away from chec badges haha

waylon1996

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Spac
Pretty much sums it up. I'm fairly sure the plugs on the headlights are the same. All the panels are the same.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

nice wagon!! can't wait to change the front end up

NightRIDA

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Exec
Things you'll need are a Bonnet, guards, bumper brackets, a bumper, the wiper surround because the wiper jets are on the wiper surround as opposed to being on the bonnet, headlights same plug but different wiring I think you might just have to change some pins around if they don't work properly. A grille and maybe fog lights if you're going for a ss bumper :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waylon1996

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Spac
Things you'll need are a Bonnet, guards, bumper brackets, a bumper, the wiper surround because the wiper jets are on the wiper surround as opposed to being on the bonnet, headlights same plug but different wiring I think you might just have to change some pins around if they don't work properly. A grille and maybe fog lights if you're going for a ss bumper :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What model do you have? Putting a Berlina/calais front on would be less work. And they need more love.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

i have a 2001 vx Spac and im trying to get all after market vz parts...
thanks for the parts list, ive been searching for what ill need thankyou again :)