Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front Parking Sensors

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
Hey all.

I have a 2006 VE Calais.
My friend has a 2006 VE Calais V - which has front parking sensors.

I was just wanting to know what would be needed to install them in my car?
I can get the interior trim which has the extra button for the sensors, but is there anything else needed other than the front parking sensors? Are the front sensors just the same as the rear but wired into the car differently?

Just trying to figure it all out - any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

EDIT:
Just a thought - could I run the switch wire from the parking sensors up to the switch in the interior and just turn it on/off by that? I guess that would be the last option if no-one knows where the original wiring would go.

carcollector

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice, VZ SS Crewman, ZB Calais V,VE CalaisV
Looks like there is a kit available - one sold recently on Evilbay - HOLDEN VE FRONT PARK ASSIST SENSORS KIT *NEW* | eBay

You could contact the seller and see if it had fitting instructions, or ask a Holden dealer directly.

I have a Caprice, which has front and rear parking sensors. The front sensors use a beeper located in the dash somewhere, which is different to the beeper used for the rear sensors, which is located in the rear. I'd try to find the original kit first - it's much more likely to work reliably.

veomegaman

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE Omega Sedan
l could be wrong, but l think the front sensors are connected to brake lights and/or pedal, as you would have your foot on brake as your car gets closer to what ever is front of you.

Like a said, l could be wrong...............................................

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
The last pic in the ad shows fitting instructions.
Have a look at the thumbnails under main pic

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
The above model has a switch to switch the park sensors manually on and off.
This makes sense, as the dealer fit factory rear park sensors use the reverse lamp power feed to determine if the parking sensor should be on or not. (It does not wire up the the GMLAN).
I am pretty sure the dealer fit front park assist is the same deal, as you can see the extra button to switch this on in the auction.

With the CalaisV Park assist, Shifting from Neutral (Park or Reverse) to Drive turns on the front park sensors, and when travel over 20Km/Hr they are switched off until you Shift from Neutral (Park or Reverse) again.
There is a manual override switch to switch it off, but it doesnt (from memory) switch it on...

Hope this helps

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
Bought that eBay ad one.. See how it goes once the new front bar arrives, plus when Holden actually end up ordering the new calaisV switch for tc/sport/park assist. I go to pick it up but they never ordered it.. And gave me the wrong price.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Vf SV6 Jungle Fever
The above model has a switch to switch the park sensors manually on and off.
This makes sense, as the dealer fit factory rear park sensors use the reverse lamp power feed to determine if the parking sensor should be on or not. (It does not wire up the the GMLAN).
I am pretty sure the dealer fit front park assist is the same deal, as you can see the extra button to switch this on in the auction.

With the CalaisV Park assist, Shifting from Neutral (Park or Reverse) to Drive turns on the front park sensors, and when travel over 20Km/Hr they are switched off until you Shift from Neutral (Park or Reverse) again.
There is a manual override switch to switch it off, but it doesnt (from memory) switch it on...

Hope this helps
Manual override switch does switch them on too!

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Interested to see how you go, keep us up to date.

monkeyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 SIDI
Did you install the front sensors? I'm bout to do this with an aftermarket kit and am keen to see how you did it.