Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

'Frozen' Indicator

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Try the 3 pin flasher relay first in the fuse box under the steering wheel. It just unplugs.
No need to pull the BCM apart if you don't have to.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Hi mate I done mine not long ago the left was sticking bad I got the relay off eBay was like 12$ and de soldered it and the replaced with new relay took less then 1 hour where abouts are you located ?

Up under the dash above the pedals there is a bcm you need to take that out then open the case up there will be a little relay on the circut board you need to replace that
I can't understand why the relay in the BCM would make the indicators stick, when operating from the stalk.
The BCM relay is for the indicators to flash when locking/unlocking the doors by the remote.

The Flasher relay doesn't operate when the remote is used and the BCM relay doesn't operate when the indicator stalk is used.

May be someone can enlighten me?

HowMat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
I can't understand why the relay in the BCM would make the indicators stick, when operating from the stalk.
The BCM relay is for the indicators to flash when locking/unlocking the doors by the remote.

The Flasher relay doesn't operate when the remote is used and the BCM relay doesn't operate when the indicator stalk is used.

May be someone can enlighten me?

Hopefully I only need to do the 3 pin relay… because they function fine when locking the car? they flash like normal when unlocking and locking? just when driving when I push the arm down to turn right, it doesn't flash, that's all, just stays on like an orange/amber light lol

VZ Lumina

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Hopefully I only need to do the 3 pin relay… because they function fine when locking the car? they flash like normal when unlocking and locking? just when driving when I push the arm down to turn right, it doesn't flash, that's all, just stays on like an orange/amber light lol

VZ Lumina
I'm 99.99% sure it will just be the flasher relay.

Over the years, these components get a fairly hefty work out.
They are an expendable item and will eventually fail.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)

VZ Lumina

Here you go, a quality replacement relay and step by step instructions ALL for $17.50 + $5.50 p&h: FIX FOR VZ Holden Commodore Indicator Stuck ON Body Control Module BCM Relay | eBay

He said in post #13 that the indicators flash OK when the doors are locked/unlocked.
So it wouldn't be the BCM relay.

HowMat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
He said in post #13 that the indicators flash OK when the doors are locked/unlocked.
So it wouldn't be the BCM relay.

indicator is confusing as f**k! worked fine all today… then went out tonight, and as I got home stopping flashing like normal! WTF!!?

VZ Lumina

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
indicator is confusing as f**k! worked fine all today… then went out tonight, and as I got home stopping flashing like normal! WTF!!?

VZ Lumina

That can happen with the flasher relay.
The actual electromagnetic mechanism (that's the clicky bit you can hear) can stick and then release.
This just happens over time and with constant use.
As i said before, it's an expendable part and will wear out eventually.

All relays, be them flashers or others will wear out eventually.
They don't last forever.

HowMat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
yeah, I was just confused hahaha

will be replacing it this weekend! tips on removing the kick panel for the relays? by the look of it it's not like my old vs where it used to just have those quarter turn release pins lol

VZ Lumina

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
The fuse box is the pull down panel under the steering wheel.