Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel economy question

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
pobeaver said:
I dont believe you guys.... nooo way do you guys get more than 500 km's unless you all drive like grandparents.....

I get 310 out of mine thats with a bit of fast racing here and there. The most I have ever goten out of my VR 95 Commodore Series 2 is 360 km's, and that was normal driving.

Im stumped here. You guys got extractors and exhaust systems ?

Btw, cars got 175k km's clocked. If maybe thats the reason ???

My average fuel use hasn't budged since I got my car... 12.5 L / 100 KM = 520 KM till bone dry....It's all stock standard...rarely do I ever need to go over 4000 rpm...just hitting boost up to 3000 leaves most cars behind at the lights...and I can get ecomomy down to 7 L / 100 Km if out cruising on the Highway. :coolpimp:

nicholas9657

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive 3.8 M5
I average between 10.5 to 11L/100km in a v6 manual, the only mod is a VS cold air intake and replacement of the back muffler with 3 inch pipe. I tend not to get out of second untill I hit 60Kmh which means I run about a 2700rpm shift point in normal traffic flow. I dont drive flat out but I proberly drive the car harder than most people(I try to stay between 2000 and 3000rpm). If I drive the gently I actually get worse enonomy. Mind you If I really flog the car it drops to around 14L/100km.