Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel filter, and lines

Tys346

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Vy ute manual
hey just replaced the fuel filter on my vy 2002 ute, was an absolute prick, but i think i may of damaged those stupid quick connect things, what's the easiest way to delete them? i was thinking just cut the lines and put in one of those plastic connectors like this
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10x-5mm-...384221?hash=item234f5d849d:g:2UwAAOSw4YdY0h6R
but i don't know the size of the hose and what size connector to get, honestly those "quick connectors" are the stupidest thing took what should of been a 2 minute job into a 40 minute one where im pretty sure i broke the clips

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Which part did you mangle? The clip or the clip holder? Some aftermarket fuel filters come with the clips so you could get away with just the purchase price of a new fuel filter and swap the clips over. If you've broken the holder, it'll mean the whole line needs replacement.

Size, i think it's about the 3/8th size, dont know for sure. easiest way would be for you to get a circumference measurement and go from there. Just be aware that you're dealing with high fuel pressures, and the safest way to ensure you dont end up with a leak in the future is to replace the broken line.

Tys346

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Vy ute manual
idk i just used vice grips until i got the old one out, i put the new one in and it "clicked" in fine, drove it around a bit and it's not leaking or anything but i'd still like to replace it just for future when i change the fuel filter again because those clip things are stupid so is the pip 3/8ths? anyone else double confirm that?

Bob33

Reaction score
Members Ride
e3 maloo
you can buy the connectors from some shops and you can replace them they need to be sweated in. you cant just buy the clips on these there not the ones that come with the fuel filter. if there not leaking people have cable tied across just to hold them firmly on.

Tys346

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Vy ute manual
yeah i just wanna delete the clips entirely just needed to know what size the fuel lines are

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
yeah i just wanna delete the clips entirely just needed to know what size the fuel lines are
Which clip did you break, the fuel tank or engine side of the filter? If it's the fuel tank side you can just buy the hose from Holden and replace it. If it's the engine side Holden only sell the complete hose/pipe right up to the engine but in this case you could buy the tank hose cut it and try to replace the section complete with clip. It would need to be softened up somehow.

wasted_days

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Maloo, HJ Sandman project
3/8th of 5/8's of fawk all. Take it to a professional for your fuel system lines. These hose joins need to be done correctly for a permanent fix. Yes, you can bodgy it up on the side of the road to get you to help or home but driving any further than that without the right bits & done correctly, is just wrong.