Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Filter

CLE

Reaction score
I think I'll replace my fuel filter....what's the best way to depressurise it before replacing it? How much do they cost?

s_pack

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY SS
13 bucks I think I paid from Sprint Autos. Only way I know of is to rip out ya fuel pump fuse, and run it till she stalls.

Gosling1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore Series 1
CLE said:
I think I'll replace my fuel filter....what's the best way to depressurise it before replacing it? How much do they cost?

just like the book says - take out the fuse ( its in the fuse block in the engine bay - Fuel Pump fuse) - then start the car. Mine ran for about, ohh 3 seconds before it stalled - then crank it over for another 10-15 seconds only - this *should* remove all fuel from the filter. ( It won't, there will always be a bit of residual fuel to splash out ). Then just undo the clamps ( mine had worm-drive clamps, some may have pinch-clamps, you need a pair of pliers for these babies), and heh presto, out she comes. Bung in the new one ( don't worry if it is a bit smaller, the newer filters have a smaller body, just look for the 'replace z200' sticker).

I did mine after reversing the car up onto some ramps. Its a bit of shitty job, but only took about 10 minutes all up. Can't remember the cost, it wasn't much from memory, maybe 20-30 bucks ??

cheers :thumbsup:
Dave

philipbtaylor

VN Exec V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec V6
on that, does it make much of a difference. The service manual suggests to change it every 6 months from memory and i havent changed it since i've had the car (3 years). Is it really that nessessary to change that often?

B

BR377

i dont know about 6 months, but year 3 years is a bit long.
It cost me $11