Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Needle Stays on E while driving

Aalbloshi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore WL / Caprice 2005 SS
I’ve been Noticing that when i start my car up it takes 5 to 10 mins for fuel needle to raise slowly from E to remaining fuel point, and whenever i go for a drive the needle slowly goes back to E and Stays there whole time till i stop somewhere. Any answers why it’s happening?

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Possibly the tank unit (fuel sender)
May need to check the resistance of the unit with a multimeter at the connector.
Being a VZ, and if its the original unit, there is a good chance its failing, or failed.

Being the gauge is working, and for what its worth, maybe just replace the tank unit.

Last edited:

Aalbloshi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore WL / Caprice 2005 SS
Possibly the tank unit (fuel sender)
May need to check the resistance of the unit with a multimeter at the connector.
Being a VZ, and if its the original unit, there is a good chance its failing, or failed.

Being the gauge is working, and for what its worth, maybe just replace the tank unit.
How do i Check it?, well today with my friend he have a similar issue with his commodore, he said park your car on a slope road leaning to right And when i did it within a minute the fuel gauge showed the remaining fuel it went from E to Above the red line, so it means my Fuel pump is bad?