Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel pump fuse strange issue

5.0L UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE S3 5.0
Hi all, I recently changed my fuel filter and went about the usual way of de-pressurising the fuel system, by removing the 15amp fuel fuse and running car till fuel runs out. Only problem I removed the fuse and the car would not turn over. Ignition turns on dash lights come up but nothing when try to start. Anyone have this problem or have an idea why this would happen??

VSSS_5L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS 5L
Not really sure...The only way i have ever depressurised my fuel system, is by waiting till the car is cold, putting out my ciggy, dropping some sunnies over my eyes and undoing something, like a rubber hose at the back of the fuel rail...I've never seen any particularly impressive spouts of fuel come out certainly not super high pressure type stuff... obviously you take the same precautions you always would when playing with fuel...but i've never found it that dangerous.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
The correct way to depressureise the system is to remove the Fuel pump relay either while the engine is off and crank it or while it is running so that your not flooding the engine. used this method a couple of times and never had any trouble with it

RX25SE

Real cars are steel cars.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 Liberty 30R Spec B 6sp wagon
Fuse powers starter circuit.
Normal.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition