Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

full exahust

listen_to_slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
hey i spoke to a guy at an exhaust place and he reckons that they have seem decrease in fuel economy when using aftermarket headers, does this sound like complete crap to anyone else?

He also said single 2.5" cat back would be best... however i want to improve my fuel economy and if possible get a raspy sound from the exhaust and get some crackle (if possible) if not i might just have to start a project car with a 5.0litre in it :)

thanks guys

Dti-dan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 175kw 3.6
Ive got pacies and an x-force twin 2 1/2" system on my SV6. Seems a very good setup to me. Alot nicer under acceleration then my single 2 1/2" system and gives a nice deep note

hey Nordy
what did the pacies cost you? how did it effect the fuel comsumption on your car? and how loud is it? on a scale of one to ten?

Kung-Foo-Kamel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom Hilux with a V6 Ecotec
hey i spoke to a guy at an exhaust place and he reckons that they have seem decrease in fuel economy when using aftermarket headers, does this sound like complete crap to anyone else?

He also said single 2.5" cat back would be best... however i want to improve my fuel economy and if possible get a raspy sound from the exhaust and get some crackle (if possible) if not i might just have to start a project car with a 5.0litre in it :)

thanks guys

Single 2.5" sounds like a turbo charged fart with a splash of diarea in it, you will see, hear and not be happy, I have lots of pm's from people that bought a 2.5" single and are not happy with the sound at all

Nordy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
hey Nordy
what did the pacies cost you? how did it effect the fuel comsumption on your car? and how loud is it? on a scale of one to ten?
I think I ended up paying about $600 installed.
Fuel consumption wise it hasnt really changed since the pacies. Still around the 9.8-10L/100km.
In terms of the loudness, it has made a fair difference. On a scale of 1-10 Id probably say around 6-7. Although this could also be due to the combination of the pacies AND the X-Force cat-back but it was also fairly loud once the pacies were combined with my 2.5" single as well.

Dti-dan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 175kw 3.6
I think I ended up paying about $600 installed.
Fuel consumption wise it hasnt really changed since the pacies. Still around the 9.8-10L/100km.
In terms of the loudness, it has made a fair difference. On a scale of 1-10 Id probably say around 6-7. Although this could also be due to the combination of the pacies AND the X-Force cat-back but it was also fairly loud once the pacies were combined with my 2.5" single as well.

thanks Nordy
i am really considereing the same system. but i my gf is due.. well today if my little boy decides to come... and i dont want it to be too loude inside the car while he is little.