Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Funny Situation

theperthvan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
This is not HAHA funny, but just a bizarre situation. Maybe a bit too detailed but if you can imagine how it was...
It happened last night (Australia Day).

My friend was driving with me and my sister to an Australia Day partay in Armadale. I was pretty reluctant to go and so was a bit grumpy but we were going anyway. Armadale is about 40km from where I live and it is a hole.
Anyway, we were on Tonkin Hwy and were supposed to take the Albany Hwy exit but forgot about it until a few kms later. So I told my friend (who was driving) to do a u-turn, but you can't do a yewwey anywhere because there's this wide ditch running through the middle of the highway. It's full of bush and clay but I think it's got water in it in winter. But my friend (in his 2WD 4cyl volvo station wagon on gas) reckons it'll be a good idea to bush bash. I thought fair dinkum your car your decision mate but this won't work. So he drove down the embankment nice and slow, through some bush, the up the other side. But the car wasn't going up so he started giving it a bit more, but was only staying still. I said stop, we're bogged. So I got out and sure enough. So I told him to floor it and he did which dug this mother hole that buried his back right wheel. So we put all this cardboard and stuff and dug away the sand but no go so he rang the RAC.
Its was getting pretty dark by this time and it was looking like we were going to see the Armadale fireworks from the middle of the highway. Then this towtuck turned up from somewhere, I don't know who rang him. This guy was a yobbo: singlet, smoking rough as guts. BUT the nicest bloke ever absolute top bloke. He didn't have shoes on and his foot was all bandaged up because it had a hole in it. We told him the RAC was coming but he said he'll wait with us, so in the time while we were waiting for the RAC he learned us all about truck gears.
Finally the RAC turned up in a utility, like that's going to unbog us. So do you know what the mother****er did? He floored down into the ditch over to the other side, but going up the embankment, he didn't have enough and he rolled back down. Next thing, the RAC is bogged next to us. It was dark by then. The whole situation was really unbelievable.
So the towtruck driver, Rod, said he'll tow us out for $50 good on him. The RAC guy said he'll wait for an RAC tilt truck. The RAC man was very helpful and a top bloke for attempting to cross the ditch to save us.
So Rod drove around and did a yewwey at the proper spot and came up on the other side of the highway to pull us out. He took up both lanes of the northern carriagway.
Anyway, there's this ditch on the other side of the road too. So Rod moves his tow truck towards it to get more room.
Guess wtf happened, his truck started rolling into the ditch and he got see-sawed. So he floored it and next bloody this the mother****er was BOGGED.
So here is me, my sister, and my mate, an RAC and towtruck driver, an hour away from civilisation and we're ALL bogged on the highway.
Man by then I was in good spirits and didn't give a **** about the party.

1.5 hours and $30 later, after a bit of fancywork from Rod and his 4WD tow truck, he got himself out, got us out and we left the RAC man to wait for his tilt truck.
I wonder how he went.

(excuse the poor photos)

Attachments

• 26012010(002).jpg
    26012010(002).jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 533
  • 26012010(013).jpg
    26012010(013).jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 1,188
  • 26012010(034).jpg
    26012010(034).jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 729
Last edited:

excalibur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
its so funny the amount of retards i've seen bogged along tonkin hwy.

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
Good story, shame about taking the chance on the u-turn though. Some bad accidents happen that way.

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
Roflmao love it!

justforlolz

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Holden Commodore
HAHAHA great one, love it.

Panama

Reaction score
Members Ride
'87 VL Calais with L67
ha ha ha ha. theres a bloke at work (transperth) who got a bus bogged trying to do a Uey on the tonkin in peak hour. still has a job for some reason.

the shoulders on tonkin are deadly. lol