Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fusion PP-PK1120 advice?

marcdon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Evec 05
Ok so I am finally looking at buying everything i need for my system, some of you have already helped me out abit with advice so this is my last set of questions.

http://www.fusioncaraudio.com/Libraries/Fusion Gallery/PP-PK1120 (1).sflb

Sub is a 12inch duel voice coils and double stacked magnets,
500Watt RMS,
Frequency Response 25Hz - 2kHz
impedance is 2 Ohms. (Can i change it to 4 Ohms? what is better 2 or 4 Ohms)

Amp is 1000w Monoblock,
555W RMS @ 2 Ohms x 1 channel / 410W RMS @ 4 Ohms x 1 channel
low pass crossover 40Hz - 160Hz,
Frequency Response 10Hz - 250Hz

This is a Bass pack which Fusion sell.
I already have PP-CM650 6.5" Splits for the front doors. I am going to buy PP-AM120040 - 125W RMS @ 4 Ohms x 4 Channel Amp to run all four speakers and PP-FR6520 6.5" 2-ways for the rear doors.

I can pick the bass pack up for $400, Fusion RRP is $799.
My questions are.
Alot of people on here always seem to mix and match different brands of components, is it "bad" to buy all one brand?
This is the first system i have put in a car, will i need Dynamat? I am going to get Phreddy to install it probably at the same time he wires in the RCA outputs for my Stock VZ headunit.
Will I get the most out of my system with the standard speaker wires or will I need to upgrade those as well.
My plan is to secure both amps and sub box in the boot using some Velcro, if this doesn't hold i can always through in some thin ply and screw them all into it.
I plan on running the RCA leads to the 4 channel amp then use the RCA output the fusion amps have and run it to the mono block.

Thanks in advance guys.

GenReaper

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.AusHeli.com
Members Ride
VY SS Series II Wagon
Was at a Car Audio shop the other day and he told me standard speaker wire is good for about 100 watts so it may do ok.

As for the rest, some one else can answer.

03 VY

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY SS
Hey mate just wondering where u r getting the bass pack?
I am running the same speakers and 4 channel amp. I've got the amp hooked up to the front speakers and my old sub but looking for more power from the sub.
Sorry I cant really help you out with any of your questions, but I would have thought it would be better to stick with the one brand (if you are happy with quality and output) but I dont think it makes much difference?
I'm also looking for an answer about which is better 2 ohms or 4 ohms.
Cheers

Last edited:

Vg-ute-mad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 97 Series II
$400 is great value for money, considering the sub its self retails for $399. As with the amp, it's 2 ohm stable as you know. It will (the amp) drop down to 2 ohms as its a dual voice coil sub. If it was a single voice coil sub, the amp would operate at 4 ohms only.

Last edited:

sostok

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
you can get these setups cheaper at wow sight n sound and they're an awesome setup go really well nothing more to add its all in the kit
you can always gain a little from upping the quality of your speaker wire (just think water flow bigger pipe better flow) sound deadening always helps thicken up panels for less resonance but you can do that in stages it will sound great just set up with ur h/unit at 80% and adjust gains till clipping then back off a little