Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gas Leak

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
I got a gas conversion done on my '07 Lumina about 3 months ago.
I left the car wash the other day, and could smell LPG but paid no attention to it.
Pulled up at the fish and chip shop, turned the car off and got out, and could hear gas pi**ing out.
A very major leak from under the bonnet. :hmmm:
Still under warranty so it's going back tomorrow. (The gas tank has been manually shut off, and it's running on fuel now. I have been advised by the technician that it's complete safe to drive on petrol. :boxing:)

Any other stories of gas leaks in the VE's?

VESSVUTEWA

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SSV Ute 6.0Lt Man
Oh No

I think the answer to this story is stick with petrol and put ya foot down lol :axe: :rofl2: :boxing:

VESSVUTEWA

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SSV Ute 6.0Lt Man
Oh yeah i was taking the mickey (piss) lol give me power more power grr grr grrr :idea3:

POBoxfordV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE omega
VE gas smell

Any other stories of gas leaks in the VE's?[/QUOTE]

My VE with factory gas, emits gas at the first set of traffic lights I come to after it switches over from petrol. Than goes away.
I'm suspecting something to do with the choking.
By pressing the air re-cirulating button, resolves the symptom but not the problem.

I have 90K up , so I need to change plugs, and it looks like the Air intake has to come off, in order to get at the rear ones, Is there a sealing bits you can buy. Could that be the problem.
Paul

POBoxfordV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE omega
I've taken my car to G A S Blacktown and the Converter was changed, its located under the right front guard, underneath the plastic splash panel. The guy thought that a seal had gone, in it and when it heated up, from the hot water, it swelled and blocked off the leaking gas. The Converter had to be ordered in by the part number, as it's not an off the shelf item. The converter its self cost $400 and 2 hours labour. I dont think its something you can do yourself unless you have one of those fancy hose clamping tools.
Problem solved.

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
Gas leaks are very dangerous, bit like a bomb. Wouldn't catch me driving something leaking gas.

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Thanks for bringing up my 2 1/2 year old thread guys, but all is good! ;)

Leak was fixed under warranty, and I have traded the car in for a factory LPG VE last year.

Miriata

Reaction score
Members Ride
Berlina VE
Hi Everyone, I just got me a 2008 VE Berlina, and although it doesnt leak gas, I can smell the gas fumes on start-up. Does it only need a tune? Or could it be something serious.

Thanks in advance for any advise.