Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gear selection indicator

gibbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Hilux 3.8l vs v6 & 4L60E
mwb235, I know this is an old thread, would you still have the repair manual with the switch operation chart that is in the picture above? Is there any more to that chart. It looks like there is fold in the middle of it. I am trying to adapt the prnd4321 switch to my hilux .
Cheers

M

mwb235

Hi gibbo, i only photocopied one large long page out of a VT Series II "14E" supplement / workshop manual. The pages were about the size of three A4 pages joined together. I used to know someone at a dealership (who has since left) who gave me access and let me photocopy the one large page i wanted which was all i needed to get this mod to work. There was only one page covering the PRND321 lights specifically so i didn't photocopy anything else.

I've stuck together the three A4 sheets as one large page and took some pics of it on my digital camera. I don't know if these will be readable once posted on this forum. If they're not send me a PM and we can discuss alternative arrangements.

If you know someone at a Holden Dealership well (who can get you access to their manuals etc) you could ask them. Or if you have some spare $$ and want to buy one yourself, they were still available in late-2007 thru Holden Spare Parts. The workshop manual details as follows:

Commodore VT 1997-2000 Workshop Manual, Volume 14E -Series II Wiring Diagrams
part number 92142412 cost $190.00

In case it helps, i've also attached a pic of the 4-pin PRND321 transmission plug which i managed to "find" at a wreckers one day. I still haven't bothered (and probably won't bother) to use it to replace my custom wiring job (that i discussed in Post #7) as it's still working 100%.

Attachments

• PRND321 wiring diagram.JPG
    PRND321 wiring diagram.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 3,469
  • [PRND321 wiring 1].jpg
    [PRND321 wiring 1].jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 868
  • [PRND321 wiring 2].jpg
    [PRND321 wiring 2].jpg
    44 KB · Views: 737
  • [PRND321 wiring 3].jpg
    [PRND321 wiring 3].jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 848
  • [VTII-VX Berlina Calais PRND321 plug].jpg
    [VTII-VX Berlina Calais PRND321 plug].jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 725
Last edited by a moderator:

gibbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Hilux 3.8l vs v6 & 4L60E
Thats exactly what I was after, I can see them fine.
cheers for that.

vrbloke-77

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Holden Calais
I own a VT Calais series 1, according to this thread a user wrote the PRND321 has a back plate. I'm assuming that a series 1 already has the wiring etc installed so I presume I take the back plate off in cluster and that's all I do? Any help be appreciated.

Gavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt 5ltr wagon
Ok this is the plug blanked

IMG_5289-3.JPG

Last edited: