Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

gen 3

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
t3zza said:
For all those who think its going to come in the VZ, I would personally give you the keys to my Monaro and you can have it.

I'll take that bet :p :p
I reckon Series IIish VZs will get them...:p

T

t3zza

hehehehe I recon later more like VE series 2, but who knows hehehe. Thats what Mel was talking about, just to give the whole new model a bit of a spice up after its release. They did the same with the VT's, remember whole new body shape from the VS but still the aussie 5 Litre. It wasn't till the series 2 that the Gen3 was introduced, which made the VT even more popular after its initial release couple years prior. If you want a success story look at the VT and that had a lot to do with the whole new design, and with the series 2 introducing the all new V8. Just something to think about boys and girls... :cool:

I just have spoken to a few people who have said that they just put an order for the VZ and yeah they can't wait to give the new Gen4 a run etc. :drink:

Tezza...

dsvtss

Reaction score
I never siad the VZ would have the GenIV, but it was stated in MOTOR, that it was a definant possibility. I reiterate the fact that I would be VERY suprised to see it in the VZ.

M

Majdy

I have mixed feelings regarding the Gen 4.

With a new engine you’re likely getting more power / fuel efficiency. very interesting from a technical and car enthusiast point of view . But at the same time adding more complexity which means more things can (and will) go wrong and in turn more service costs and time.

And then there are the usual recalls and manufacturing faults associated with first batches of new engines and features : /

i think this also was the case when they first introduced the Gen III.

And while we are on the subject what are the pros and the cons of the Gen III currently used in the SS? 

V

VY350

The Gen IV will be a 6.0L V8 and will produce about 270kw in stock form.
This I read in a Wheels Magazine a while ago.