Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gen III Holds Revs Between Gears

thatbrynguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Commodore SS 5.7L M6
Couldn't find anything in search. Has anyone else experienced this with a 5.7L? When driving normally I have noticed a couple if times lately that when I take the car out of gear (to change gears) the engine holds it's revs even when my foot is not on the accelerator pedal, a couple of times it has actually revved slightly higher than when my foot was on the accelerator.

It's only happened on a couple of occasions. And as best I can see the only common condition between these occurrences is that it has been on 40 degree days.

Ideas? Is there something I should be getting checked out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danny

Reaction score
Members Ride
Soon to get WL
Another way I was thinking let it idle unplug it may put a code up easy to clear then take it for a spin see if it holds if it doesn't it's that

HSV 671

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY CLUBSPORT MM6
mine is doing same thing. Holden checked it out, the tps is dodgy and it is an aftermarket unit. it is confusing the ecu with a 6% throttle at idle. very annoying as it holds up 1500rpm. also fuel economy is crap at 22.7L/100km. Disconnect it, the problem goes away and idles perfectly, however it detonates under acceleration. Economy drops to 15L/100km.