Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

genie extractors

94calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 5.7 vy ss
hi all, looking at ordering genie extractors for my vy ss, just wondering if anyone has heard them on a 5.7litre and know if they sound good, i've already got a catback twin 2.5inch system done, thanks

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
What are you after from the car & whats the budget?

In simple terms regarding exhaust is:- Cat back is more for sound/noise < for performance, while Extractors/Headers + Cats is more performance < for sound/noise.

94calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 5.7 vy ss
not to much of a budget, the original cats will be staying, i just needed extractors so i can get the mafless tune done which the guy said i should get before the tune gets done, i've seen a pair of genie extractors on ebay for $505 that will fit up to the original cats and oxy sensors, they're 1 5/8 primaries, 2 1/2inch outlet, by the looks of it they are 4 into 1s

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
1 5/8 primaries are a good size for stock engine's.
4-->1's good choice into 2½ outlet just check if they are short or long tubes.

Only suggestion is get the CATS as well as this will be your down fall. The stock cats on a LS1 are ~4-500cspi so the flow is crap and very restrictive. HSV cats are ~3-400cspi where aftermarket are from 300-->100cpi(I would go for 200cspi)

As for your tunner saying you need to do this for the MAFless tune.... Bull Fracken ****. You don't even need to do anything for him to re-tune it. All it is, is that he won't get too much of an increase if you don't also get the headers/cats at the same time... hell, he can even do a MAF tune if he is any good which I am sure he is.