Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Genuine Holden Sat Nav

SSZ Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6
I have a VZ Adventra and am wanting to fit the factory sat nav. Yes I know it is expensive but I have seen installs that you buy a tv tuner and can turn the screen into a tv. Mind you, this was when I thought the factory stuff was vdo dayton. I rang a Holden dealer to day and they said the factory stuff is now Blaupunkt?

Can anyone that has a VZ either confirm or deny this? Also either way could you be also kind enough to give me any part numbers that are on any manuals?

Cheers...

dagar187

ls1nder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ-SS
yep its definatly blaupuknt.i didnt know u could convert the oe deck/screen into a tv with a tv tuner! thats mad.if i knew that i wouldnt of wasted my money getting a dvd screen and hooking a tv-tuner to it.altho as u said the stock system is expensiv? sori i cant help u with the part numbers.but could u post us some pics when its all done.id like to really see wat a oe lcd screen looks like watching tv! do u think it will be as clear as a fully functional tv scrn?

SSZ Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6
I will try and find where I saw the pictures and write up of it. It was with the VDO dayton setup however. Although the Blaupunkt website has add ons thta allow up to 4 devices to use the nav screen ie tv tuner, dvd, ps2, reverse camera. They also advertise a HD tv tuner as well as analogue.

I want to make sure it has a fair chance of working as Heartland Holden in Parramatta gave me a quote of $3500 for the sat nav. Do you think I will get their 10% off voucher available on the internet for parts as well???

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec

SSZ Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6
Thanks for that, although the $3500 minus 10% isn't looking too bad on the price front given that it includes all cabling to mate up with factory plugs in the car as well as instructions.

It doesn't appear that the gold coast shops sells them anyway...

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
Thanks for that, although the $3500 minus 10% isn't looking too bad on the price front given that it includes all cabling to mate up with factory plugs in the car as well as instructions.

It doesn't appear that the gold coast shops sells them anyway...

trust me they do sell them, thats where i got my blaupunkt system from, and if you get in touch with George from the Slacks Creek store, i know they had 1 there a few weeks ago for close to half price

SSZ Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6
Thanks for your reply, do you have any pics of your install? Did it come with everything to fit it to your car? ie plastic surround and looms with correct plugs?

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
i should have been more clear, when i have a blaupunkt system i refer to my sound system, but i am planning on gps shortly.link ,#159
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=33525&page=7

as far as i know the system comes with all the leads and brackets required for the unit, but as this is a universal kit, and not a holden one, it doesnt just simply plug in anywhere, power, accessory, etc leads still need to be run/adapted,

in my install i plan to have the computer in the boot mounted under the parcel shelf, seperated by rubber buffers (doesnt need it, but i think it would be good to reduce car vibration and also for airflow) and the screen mounted on top of the center of the dash, the sound will be connected to my headunit.

unfortunately no one makes of the shelf fascias to suit the screen but competent stereo shops will be able to help out and make or modify something.

between the computer and the screen a blaupunkt (IVSC-5502) signal controller can be added, allowing 4 a/v inputs (dvd,games,tv tuner,etc),4 a/v outputs for up to four monitors, and one rgb input/output for navigation

or to run just a dvd player and nav through the screen a blaupunkt(IVSC-1102) signal controller is all you need

or if you want a dvd flip screen head unit, single din, fascias can be bought from most car shops, id go the blaupunkt Aspen (IVDN-7004) which can come in a package with the gps computer, link
http://www.ryda.com.au/Blaupunkt-Aspen-IVDM-7003-In-Car-GPS-Navigation-p/aspen ivdm-7003.htm

this nav system it can be intergrated so that the voice commands that come through the car speakers, when connected to an acceptable blaupunkt head unit

as for installation, if you competent at this sort of thing it wouldnt be a problem, id do it myself but when spending so much on equipment, installation not that much more when you consider if something goes wrong and they say it was the install job you loose out big time, warranty is a good thing!

another thing blaupunkt will shortley be coming out with portable gps called travelpilot lucca, so if you have two cars and want gps in both this can be swapped from one to the other, or you could just carry it around with you.

hope that helps, and q's just ask

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
ohh yeah, if your in QLD just be careful if you go get the dvd flip screen, cos up here "the man" is going to legislate against and dvd/tv/game screen being in eyesight of the driver

dagar187

ls1nder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ-SS
ohh yeah, if your in QLD just be careful if you go get the dvd flip screen, cos up here "the man" is going to legislate against and dvd/tv/game screen being in eyesight of the driver
sori!i should stay on topic :)

Last edited: