Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

getting more torque off the line in an ecotec?

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
what would the best suited mod for this be besides dif gears? ive done a bit of reading and it looks like perhaps new roller rockers or a cam ( either of which i know bugger all about ) , so which is cheaper and which gives the best low end torque result , extra KW is nice aswell.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
If you after torque from a ecotec, then I would say you would need to be looking into a CAM.

Rockers are great as they give a little bit extra all through the rpm range, but if you want big torque down low (without having to add 2 cylinders) a cam would be the best way to acheive that.

Then gears. That's my opinion.

I'm I'm assuming you've already done the CAI and a full exhaust before looking at rockers or a cam right?

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
Do the diff gears. I wouldn't bother camming an ectotec. You're better off either putting the money towards a turbo/supercharger or a V8.....

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
yep done all of the basics, cai , chip , stractors, zorst , shift kit.
i do a fair bit of highway driving and it allready drinks so i dont think i want too do diff gears.

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
Do the diff gears. I wouldn't bother camming an ectotec. You're better off either putting the money towards a turbo/supercharger or a V8.....

kind of thinking that aswell , starting fresh with an 8 but its just hard too have all the money at the same time if you know what i mean.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
yep done all of the basics, cai , chip , stractors, zorst , shift kit.
i do a fair bit of highway driving and it allready drinks so i dont think i want too do diff gears.

Then buy a Ford 6 :)

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
not sure what you are getting at here.

I'm saying the Ford 6 is better than the Holden 6. If you want low-end torque and a better all-round motor, it's something to think about.

Dangerous Dave

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Caprice
Yep, you need another 2 Cylinders....

I'm saying the Ford 6 is better than the Holden 6. If you want low-end torque and a better all-round motor, it's something to think about.

HEATHEN !!! Ive never felt so, dirty, hearing someone say "F" is better than Holden.. Pffft !!

(Please dont start a flame war.)