Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Getting Through VX Firewall

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Hey people whats goin on??

I've had abit of a search through the forums and haven't found much about getting wiring through the firewall into the cabin on a VX commodore!

I have a VXII Manual and i can't find a clear way in!!

Help...

I figure this info will be handy once im installing my stereo in the distant furute but the more pressing issue is getting the wiring though the firewall to install the underbody neons my mate got me for my 21st!

Neways, any info would be great!

antvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged V6 VT S
well i was gonna say through the spot where the clutch normally is, but seeing as you have a clutch, that wount help. poke a smallish hole in any of the rubber grommits in the firewall. i think there are a few blank ones on the passenger side, not 100% sure though.

BOXY1

Reaction score
Up high and right under the steering wheel is a big rubber grommet with a thick wad of cables going through. Just poke a hole through that, there is heaps of room around the edge of it. Under the bonnet you may need to move the 'U' shaped cable tray to gain access to the grommet from that side.

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
There is a panel you have to take out above the acellerator to access the firewall.
If you look between the brake booster and guard you will see the main wiring harness goes threw a large gromet.Poke a hole in the large rubber gromet.
Hope this helps..............

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
There is also a grommit on the right hand side of the engine bay(when facing the car) behind the sus[ension tower. I used that one myself.
Easy to get to, and nothing near it.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
cool...
Thanx for the feedback peoples!