Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Globes?

frewcha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 50th Anniversary
So the big question is.........Phillips Xtreme 100% or do i go diamond vision???

scrano

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina LS1
I can tell you with 100% certainty, that if you wanna stay legal, that Xtreme Vision is the only way too go. Diamond Vision isn't ADR compliant, and that came straight from the company that imports all of Philips automotive lights into Australia. They also pointed out that Diamond Vision don't penetrate anywhere near as much as Xtreme Vision, and that because of the Kelvin rating of Diamond Vision (5000k), that they didn't seem too last anywhere near as long as Xtreme Vision (4300k)

That was what they told me, when their manager personally rang me about it. So I guess it's just a question of whether you wanna stay legal, and compliant, and about actual performance

I hope that helps mate

scrano

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina LS1
4300k is as high you can go for standard globes

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
I replaced my stock bulbs for Philips Extreme 100. Very impresed with the illumination and distance the beam throws though I don't know about the Diamonds.

89vn_Jai

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Exectutive
Another vote for the Phillips Xtreme 100. Currently using them.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Only draw back of the extreme visions, is being that they're 4300k, they're still a yellow light.

scrano

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina LS1
You can actually get a 4300k globe in other brands, that does have a slightly blue-ish tint on the globes, that is designed too replicate that blue-white light effect, that you see with Diamond Vision (or with HID globes if you're that lucky too have used them), but they won't have anywhere near the penetration/seeing distance that the Xtreme Vision globes have.

Even though the Xtreme Vision are only 4300k globe, they do say as a stated fact, that 4300k globes are as close too natural daylight as you will get, so yeah they are still a little yellow, but they're definitely closer too white, than a stock factory globe.

The guy from Inivision (who are the importers of Philips automotive globes in Australia, that I mentioned earlier), did say that because the Diamond Vision globes are 5000k, that they have a seemingly thicker coating on the globe, in order too get that blue-white look, which in his opinion, is why they don't penetrate anywhere near as well as a 4300k globe, and they burn out quicker.

Besides the fact that they're not ADR compliant, that was his opinion, and they deal with Philips on a daily basis, so I'd put his opinion at a premium, simply because he knows the Philips range like no-one else.

If it helps, I was hell bent on getting Diamond Vision, because I liked the look, and I was sure that seeing distance would be better, because of the light seeming too be clearer, but after speaking too him, I became a firm believer that there was only one way too go, and that was Xtreme Vision.

Anyways I hope it helps mate

frewcha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 50th Anniversary
alright so xtreme vision it is! thanks boys!