Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Globes

Spitfire

Reaction score
Members Ride
Prius
The local Autopro here has most of the holden dash lights in OSRAM brand. If they have ever not had one they have ordered it in. Globes that i was getting from holdens for $10 i now get for $3-4 :)

Prodgers

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SV6
Can someone please tell me what the name of the globes are? I am looking for the same thing but dont mind doing the little bit of soldering

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
if you just head down to electronics shop. jaycar, dick smith etc, with the old globe they should have something i would think. just make sure its 12v and fits into the holder. I removed mine today aswell and all 7 are blown.
Contemplating to solder my own or buy from holden

Prodgers

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SV6
Thanks - yeah im going to head down to Jaycar shortly and ask them about it.

Do you know what caused all 7 to blow? mine are exactly the same... all 7 are blown, they have been since i baught the car.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
not sure but after i get the new ones sorted, im going to get out a wiring diagram and find what wire supplies the power to the globes. ill check it with a multimeter and see. i couldnt find any blow fuses either so it might be worthwhile to stick an inline fuse on that wire.. I want to get LED's in there but thats a bit more work with resistors etc..

Prodgers

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SV6
Yeah i'm the same with the LED's - until i have some more time when karting finishes for the year i want to covert dash and everything to red LED's so im looking for a cheap/quick solution for now until that happens. Although i have almost memorised where everything is on the AC controls so i can change it at night lol.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
not sure but after i get the new ones sorted, im going to get out a wiring diagram and find what wire supplies the power to the globes. ill check it with a multimeter and see. i couldnt find any blow fuses either so it might be worthwhile to stick an inline fuse on that wire.. I want to get LED's in there but thats a bit more work with resistors etc..

Pin 4 is +ve and pin 8 is -ve

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
the ones your after dont have the replacemnt globes ya just pull out
but bmw sell the same ones and belive it or not 4 bux where holdens are 8-12 bux depending on how the guy feels
ps replace all of them they blow very easy as they get older