Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

god... dammit

UNKNOWN

DEFECTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR SII BT1 5 Speed
Nah not fitted, was a while ago tho.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
who wants to make an offer on the VP motor from the VK??

djlingard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Try Checking the windscreen washer bottle and top it up. Might make her run better!!!

djlingard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
lol maybe i should go fill mine up give me like 20 more Kw broooooooooo

Yeah it will. Cause water makes things cooler.
With that and the valve caps removed your power to weight ratio can not be better!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec
pfff lol....

ok UPDATE, found out wat happened, rod and piston broke and slammed down through the sump :p, and yes coolant empty and oil empty... of course haha.

called the mob about a rebuilt motor, they only repair the one u have, and wth the damage done, he said.... ahem....:

$3,500-$4000... :cry:

BUT that is repairin the motor i have, perhaps buying a whole rebuilt one fitted would be cheaper? oh i thought about just u-pullin it BUT u dont know if that motor has gone through the same treatment, hell the previous owner of this car prob thrashed the sh** out of it.

would ANYONE know of a joint (preferably lonsdale, i need to tow the car to the place) that can supply rebuilt motors abd fit them? and a price on average?

i'm desperate for help :p i hate to see her in pain like that :cry:

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Advance Auto Salvage, they are a wreckers that offer a fitting service.

Or I know a good workshop at Lonsdale that I recommend, the guy there is fantastic.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
try API they are on the side of lonsdale highway,
went a few weeks back for a mate to price a rebuild on a 4agze (supercharged 4 toyota motor) and they said $2300 to rebuild and $3800 with forged internals and head work

so prices wise could be close as the commodore is more common then these 4agze's, so parts are more commonly made

just buy a cheap stuffed motor and rebuid that, surely they arnt worth a heap

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Exchange motor will cost you about $2200 + fitting basically anyone mechanical joint can get a hold of it for you or you can buy them yourself through places like repco, this is a cheap rebuilt motor. A 3-4000 should get you a high quality motor with quality work done on it. You have to consdier whether your car is worth spending that amount of money on.
Some wreckers will allow you to hear the motor running before you buy it and you can purchase usaully 1-3 month warranty on them.

I am just about to rebuild a v6 for a mate and cost of parts and machining is $1100 which is at basically cost price. Then there is my labour on top + heads to been done by me. This a cheap rebuild lets face it motors arent cheap to build

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
If it were me personally, i would simply buy a motor from a wreckers that will give you a fair garuntee that it worked ok before they pulled it out. Imo its not worth paying for a full rebuild in a car that is worth the same price as a rebuild. Yes it may have one or 2 issues with old oil leaks or half worn parts ect.. but it will be a straight pull out and drop in, if you get stuck into it with a mate youll have it swapped out in a day easy.