Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Going for a trip to Autobarn.. POD Filters?

M

mccorncob

mattman said:
Yeah it makes sense to me.... though i'm not really sure it's necessary since the opening would still be there?

yeah but the room for the pod is limited, being there is a washer bottle neck there. just helps with room

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
I didn't have any probs with that... I just used the elbow piece that was there and flipped it so it bent the other way (away from the washer bottle). Just had to cut a new notch in it to match the tab thing on the maf, and all was good. Very simple install apart from that, just bought a pod mount and the filter itself and all was good.

after.jpg

M

mccorncob

mattman said:
I didn't have any probs with that... I just used the elbow piece that was there and flipped it so it bent the other way (away from the washer bottle). Just had to cut a new notch in it to match the tab thing on the maf, and all was good. Very simple install apart from that, just bought a pod mount and the filter itself and all was good.

i kept the air intake on mine...

Attachments

• MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 177
M

mccorncob

its a bit crappy atm, but when the cold air box is made it will be cut to fit and will look the park then. but it does the job

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
mccorncob said:
with ure equipe,....wot does it av.
i av srs abs irs. just interested in the diffs
the equipe is just basically an executive with:
differently trimmed seats (which i replaced anyway)
cruise control...power windows...speed alert...factory alloys (also long gone on mine) and ofcourse equipe badging.
doesnt have irs,abs,airbags of anything of that nature
i got an equipe simply for the power windows and cruise control...they were a must have when i was lookin at buyin.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
by the way,i understand now what you meant...i didnt realise when you said intake pipe you were talkin about a cai pipe.makes a whole lot more sense now,i was very confused,lol.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Yep, thought you were on about the intake into the original airbox too...